3690 Online
108758 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Boot Configuration Data file is missing... Help! - HP Proliant ML30 Gen9

Jukkiss
Occasional Contributor

Boot Configuration Data file is missing... Help! - HP Proliant ML30 Gen9

Hi,

couple weeks ago I bought a new server to my company, and installed Server 2012 Foundation to it. Also, using Intelligent Provisioning, I enabled RAID 10. When OS was installed, I changed DVD-drives letter from D to E, and then in disk management I created new volume, D (labeled Data). Through Windows Update service I think almost every available update was installed.

This server is going to replace our old ML310, which is still doing its task. Today I booted our new server, but as you can see in attachment, it didn't boot. I can't understand what happened. It says BCD file is missing... No changes has been made in a week. Last time I just shutted the server down.

I tried to use "bootrec" commands in recovery environment's command prompt screen, but it didnt help (commands I found from another forums, I dont know do they only work in consumer pc's). Also, using automatic repair with installation DVD didnt help (through recovery environment). I then decided just to install all again, and just an hour ago I finished with fresh OS.

The problem is: How can I now for sure, that this doesnt happen again? When this server is in full usage and all the data and software are in, it really it a major disaster when the server doesnt boot and I cant get it to work. Please, do you guys know, how can I prevent this from happening? If its not possible to surely prevent it from happening, what can I do that for sure will help should this happen again? This really bothers me, I even cant imagine the frustration if this happened after the software and data are installed and we rely to this server. (+ the installation process also means our partners involvement, we pay them to install their software to our server. Its really expensive... So I must be sure, that my servers boots when necessary!)

I have to be 100% sure, that if this happens when the server is in use, I can get past this problem!

Please, if you have any info.. Im so grateful! Thanks!

4 REPLIES 4
Warren_Admin
Respected Contributor

Hi,

What type of server did you install? This discussion board is intended for feedback and suggestions about the Hewlett Packard Enterprise Community itself, so we need to get your question in front of the subject matter experts.

warren_80x80.jpgThanks,
Warren_Admin, Hewlett Packard Enterprise Community Manager
Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and should not be interpreted as official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise

Thanks,
Warren_Admin

Jukkiss
Occasional Contributor

Hi,

thanks for the correction. As the manager can you change the board?

The server is a database server, which sends and receives information from our retail stores and online store, it acts as a central database for all the operations. It doenst run for example our online store by itself, it is "just" computers which keeps all the data in - it doesnt do any "urgent" matters for example run a site. Locally, in LAN network it also provides access to our erp sofware. So = it is basic computer, which just needs to work, no matter else.

/Nico

Warren_Admin
Respected Contributor

Hi,

Moved your thread into the ProLiant ML discussion board. I hope you get your questions answered.

warren_80x80.jpgThanks,
Warren_Admin, Hewlett Packard Enterprise Community Manager
Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and should not be interpreted as official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise

Thanks,
Warren_Admin

Jukkiss
Occasional Contributor

Hi,

I appreciate it, thank you.

Is it possible that windows own integrated partitioning system maybe little bit messed up something? Shou.d I do it using Intelligent Provisioning?