1752562 Members
4540 Online
108788 Solutions
New Discussion

can not install ubuntu on DL380 G8

HonokoMonoko
Occasional Contributor

can not install ubuntu on DL380 G8

I have one DL380P G8 tried to install ubuntu trough net install. 

When i do the installation procedure its works, i put second account details etc then when its going to detect hardware at 95% freezes machine gives power to fans then stops then gives again full boost on fans but nothign happens the screen is frozen. 

I know how to install ubuntu but this server flipping me out i tried trough usb and trough ilo bot same.

What i see is bios hw pmu corrupted before installation starts

Product ID 677278-421

System ROM P70 07/01/2015

System ROM Date 07/01/2015

2 REPLIES 2
Jimmy Vance
HPE Pro

Re: can not install ubuntu on DL380 G8

@HonokoMonoko wrote:

I have one DL380P G8 tried to install ubuntu trough net install. 

When i do the installation procedure its works, i put second account details etc then when its going to detect hardware at 95% freezes machine gives power to fans then stops then gives again full boost on fans but nothign happens the screen is frozen. 

I know how to install ubuntu but this server flipping me out i tried trough usb and trough ilo bot same.

What i see is bios hw pmu corrupted before installation starts

Product ID 677278-421

System ROM P70 07/01/2015

System ROM Date 07/01/2015

What version of Ubuntu? There are many customers running Debian/Ubuntu on ProLiant hardware.   The hw pmu resources message like the i8042 message is well documented here in the forums.  They are just informational messages and are not anything related to the issue you are seeing.

More information on your configuration may help someone provide assistance.  What hard drives and  RAID controller are you working with.  Assuming this was  previously configured system did you set the system back to default, and clear any data and or partitions from the drives?

No support by private messages. Please ask the forum! 
krisd443
Advisor

Re: can not install ubuntu on DL380 G8

What version of Ubuntu are you trying to install? If you've already reset the BIOS settings to default and created a clean array (always try this first if installing on baremetal), you might try a version older or a version newer and see if that helps. Bugs make it out on releases from time to time that may get fixed before the following release but until the developers can see it, they can't fix it, and even a large outfit like Canonical can't test every hardware configuration.