108805 Solutions
New Discussion

can't access the system utilities setting by clicking on F9 on DL360

HB3
Occasional Advisor

can't access the system utilities setting by clicking on F9 on DL360

Dears, 

problem description:

when blank server i could access the BIOS by doing cold boot and click on F9 to access the system utilities, i had configured the bio setting and installed redhat 7.4 on everything was ok.

then by mistake removing the RAID config "it was RAID-1", i had tried a cold boot but the i saw the system can not boot ?? 

and i have tried the to access the bios setting and configure the raid again, but the same the system can ot be loaded 

than o tried to reboot the system and access the system utilities by pressing on F9 while rebooting but here the F9 can not take effetct seems not working have tried with another laptop "i was accessing the server via ilo" but same issue. 

any idea? did anyone face the same issue? 

your support i highly appreciated!

2 REPLIES 2
Sham82
HPE Pro

Re: can't access the system utilities setting by clicking on F9 on DL360

Hi,

Please Perform Below Steps :

1. Clear NVRAM :
Please refer Page 121-122 to Locate - System maintenance switch :https://support.hpe.com/hpesc/public/docDisplay?docLocale=en_US&docId=emr_na-a00019132en_us

The following steps may be performed to clear NVRAM using the system maintenance switch on the system board:
a. Extend the server from the rack, remove the access panel, and locate the system maintenance switch (refer to item 1 in figure 1 below).
b. Move switch S6 from default 'Off' position to 'On', install the access panel and connect the power cable to the walljack and power it on.
c. When a message indicates that a maintenance switch has been turned on and the unit has been reset, power it off, remove the power cable from the walljack. Remove it from the rack, remove the access panel and reverse switch S6 to 'Off' and then power the server back again.

2. Set the BIOS Configurations to Default .
a. Boot the server and press the F9 key in the POST screen to enter the UEFI System Utilities screen.
b.System Configuration > BIOS/Platform Configuration (RBSU) >System Deault Options > Restore Default Manufacturing Settings

Please Note : This option resets all configuration settings to their default manufacturing values. Changes that have been made are lost. If Secure Boot is enabled, related security settings might be lost. You need to reboot the system for changes to take effect.  

Thank you 

HPE Employee

I work for HPE.
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]

Accept or Kudo

HB3
Occasional Advisor

Re: can't access the system utilities setting by clicking on F9 on DL360

Dears, 

thanks a lot for the clear procedure you shared!! 

actually i found that i had 2 ilo java remote console sessions hanging " can't be disconnected".

when cleared them, and cold boot the server i would access the RSBU setting, moste probably it's caused by java web console ? 

anyway, thanks a lot!