ProLiant Servers (ML,DL,SL)
1752756 Members
5119 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Cannot perform the operation now. Reason: User does not have administrative rights to proceed wi

Server-Support
Super Advisor

Cannot perform the operation now. Reason: User does not have administrative rights to proceed with ?

Hi All,

I'm using HP SPP 2016.04 to peform the Windows SMH agent and WBEM providers upgrade as well as the other Windows driver in my Win2012 R2 server.

However after double clicking on the launch_hpsum.bat file as normal. I cannot proceed to the step number 2 as follows:

HP-SIM.JPGI'm logged in using DOMAIN\Administrator user account already from the SUM logon page.

Any help please ?

Best regards,
5 REPLIES 5
Tron04

Re: Cannot perform the operation now. Reason: User does not have administrative rights to proceed wi

Locate the launch_hpsum.bat in Explorer and rightclick it and "Run as administrator"

This will launch the process with the "real" administrative rights.

ndmu

It does not help...I have HP SUM 7.6.2...I was able to perform initial inventory and upgrade but after reboot I cannot run inventory any more, even if I run batch file as administrator.

Please help

Thank you

RivaldoCardoso

I had this same problem.

After several frustrating attempts.

I simply copied the contents of the DVD to the Local drive and ran it again.

Success

JackieVN

The reason is wrong ILO Credential/Window Credential or both. Please follow this link to resolve it

https://youtu.be/maSeX60YMck

Kevin-Lankhaar

Reboot the machine, windows updates are pending?

Copy all spp data to another disk, run as admin. Did the trick for me.