108759 Solutions
New Discussion

Cannot restore Intelligent Provisioning on DL310 Gen8

SOLVED
Go to solution
Pat1948
Frequent Visitor

Cannot restore Intelligent Provisioning on DL310 Gen8

Have had a new DL310 Gen8 V2 for 1 week.  I'm using in a lab envioronment to simulate 911 center servers that my company installs.  After several successful Windows OS installs, I can no longer run Intelligent Provisioning.  I've created several boot DVD's  with ISO files that appear to update the IP flash, but after a reboot - endless boot loop.  I don't know what the original ISO files was for the Intelligent Provisioning.

The ISO files I tried were:

HPIP 162.2015  and HPIP 161.2014

My server is registered and has a Serial# of MX252600KA

Can you provide any suggestions.

6 REPLIES 6
Jimmy Vance
HPE Pro

Re: Cannot restore Intelligent Provisioning on DL310 Gen8

1.61 or 1.62 should work fine on your system.  What happens when you press F10 to start Intelligent Provisioning during POST?

No support by private messages. Please ask the forum! 
Pat1948
Frequent Visitor

I just got off with HP support and trying 162b.2015 gave me the same result.  The image DVD boots and appears to load the new flash 100%.  I'm then asked to remove the DVD, and the server reboots.  After I choose F10, I later hear the two beeps and it goes into a reboot loop.

Kartik was the HP support tech.  He initially tried to get me to download a patch, but even though the server is registered and I was signed in, I failed to get proper authorization.

He will work on the authorization issue and I will get back to him on Monday, Sept  7th.

If you have any suggestions, please feel free.

Thanks in advance

Jimmy Vance
HPE Pro

I'll suggest a couple of things to try.

set switch #6 on the system board to the on position to reset the system

pull power to reset iLO

No support by private messages. Please ask the forum! 
Pat1948
Frequent Visitor

Jimmy,

I will definately try your suggestions when I get back to the equip. tomorrow (Sat)

Thanks

Pat1948
Frequent Visitor

Actually had a chance to try the dip switch #6 reset.  It did not resolve the problem.  I have removed the server from power numerous times in the last few days, and that has also not helped.

I'm still hoping that the HP support tech I've been working with can figure out why I'm being denied access to patch management.  Surely I don't need a software update agreement to get this fixed.

Pat1948
Frequent Visitor
Solution

After creating an HP Case#, a local tech arrived and replaced the motherboard.  The problem with accessing the Intelligent Provisioning has been resolved.