New Discussion юеВ

Conrep Error WbemLocator

SOLVED
Go to solution
technowooki
Occasional Advisor

Conrep Error WbemLocator

Hello
I want to run the tool Conrep via WinPE. If I want to load or save a file, I get this error message "Error creating instance of WbemLocator Conrep return Code: 0"

Conrep commandl: conrep -s -f dl380gen9.dat
Server: ProLiant DL380 Gen9

5 REPLIES 5
Bunsol
HPE Pro

Re: Conrep Error WbemLocator

Hi,

I believe you are using the conrep utility to capture or backup a BIOS setting. Conrep is installed in an OS and from there you can run the scripts to perform the changes which i believe you are trying to perform. Please elaborate how you are using Win PE to perform this. Also the error which you are getting points to WBEM so please check if you have WBEM providers installed or not. If not the install and check.

Regards,

Bunsol

If you feel this was helpful please click the KUDOS! Thumbs below!
I am an HPE employee.
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]
Accept or Kudo
technowooki
Occasional Advisor

Hi

Yes, I use Conrep to capture the BIOS settings.
I boot via USB stick directly on the server. The server itself has no OS installed yet.
In this case I have to install WBEM on the WINPE USB stick?

Greetings Jan

technowooki
Occasional Advisor
Solution

Hi,

I have the solution. I have forget to add this two Packages.
dism /image:C:\winpe\mount /Add-Package /PackagePath:"C:\Program Files (x86)\Windows Kits\10\Assessment and Deployment Kit\Windows Preinstallation Environment\amd64\WinPE_OCs\WinPE-wmi.cab"
dism /image:C:\winpe\mount /Add-Package /PackagePath:"C:\Program Files (x86)\Windows Kits\10\Assessment and Deployment Kit\Windows Preinstallation Environment\amd64\WinPE_OCs\en-us\WinPE-WMI_en-us.cab"

Greating Jan

Lamerok
Occasional Visitor

I also noticed such a problem, I hope it has already been fixed

technowooki
Occasional Advisor

What is your problem with conrep? 
Maybe i can help. :)