ProLiant Servers (ML,DL,SL)
1757751 Members
2273 Online
108863 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: DL 560 - Fans running at top speed continuously.

nboulton
Occasional Visitor

DL 560 - Fans running at top speed continuously.

I am having an issue with a DL 560.

The server was retired last year, and was working fine and the fans running normally before the original hard drives were destroyed. Two new drives have gone into the server and the OS reinstalled (Server 2003) as the server is now required to work again on a new system.

However, now, all the time the fans run at their top speed from POST and into Windows and stay that way. They dont slow down at all.

I have downloaded System Management Homepage, the agents, Insight Manager etc etc,  and all temperatures are very low (normal), and there are no warnings that the temperature is high that would make the fans stick to high speed constantly.

Any ideas? The ladys in accounts can hear it next door and keep thinking there is an Aeroplane about to take off.

Any assistance greatly appreciated.

I have Googled around, and looked in forums, and the only thing I could find was something to do with Agents for VMWare and something for Linux.

Thanks.

Neil.

5 REPLIES 5
PGTRI
Honored Contributor

hi,

update the FW of the server (bios ,ilo, ect. )

regards,

How to Say Thank You? Just click the KUDOS!
Johan Guldmyr
Honored Contributor

Did you only install agents or the whole proliant support pack?
nboulton
Occasional Visitor

Thanks for the quick response. I did the FW of the BIOS the other day. It already had the latest version. (From 2004!!)

Ill do the ilo etc.

nboulton
Occasional Visitor

Hi Johan,
I did the whole of the Proliant Support pack. I downloaded all the required files from the hp site.
nboulton
Occasional Visitor

Guys, I have sorted it.

I didnt have to any other downloads, Bios, ILO etc. 

It was running on one power supply because the other one is plugged into a monitor whilst it is being configured.

Just plugged the second power supply in and ta da! Nice quiet server.

Thank you both for your speedy replys though...

Have a great day.

Neil.