ProLiant Servers (ML,DL,SL)
1754932 Members
1758 Online
108827 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: DL145 G2 Windows 2003 Broadcom NetXtreme teaming utility

Cheryl Minor

DL145 G2 Windows 2003 Broadcom NetXtreme teaming utility

I'm looking for a teaming utility for Broadcom NetXtreme nics in a DL145 G2 running Windows 2003. I believe I need a copy of the BACS utility (Broadcom Advanced Control Suite). Does anyone know where I can find this? Also, I'll be connecting this to an HP Procurve 3400cl switch and would appreciate any suggestions for configuring the nics and switch. I'm interested in load balancing of both transmit and receive traffic.
tia,
Cheryl
3 REPLIES 3
StevenHoldsworth

Cheryl,

The software you require will be on you HP Proliant Essentials Foundation Pack. If you have used HP smart start to build you server it should already be installed if not install the whold support software from the CD and you will be able then to team in windows for a icon in the bottom right hand corner.

Hope that helps
Steve
Live for today as tomorrow never comes.
Miika T
Valued Contributor

I believe the DL145 doesn't come with smart start, and you can't use HP network configuration utility with Broadcom chips, which require BACS. I have used 802.3ad teaming with BACS and procurve uses dynamic lacp to team it (atleast with 2824).

-Miika
Prashant (I am Back)
Honored Contributor

Yeap DL 145 does not comes with Smartstart.
Where as BACS is available from broadcom site. you can download from there for free.

Prashant S.
Nothing is impossible