4232 Online
108962 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: DL160G9 LEDs flashing

TnTHPE
Frequent Visitor

DL160G9 LEDs flashing

Hello,

Just powered on a DL160G9 (1x cpu, 8xdimm) . Now all four the LEDs are flashing in sets of 3 or 9, no video. ILO has two error messages: one being for the Power backpane the other for CPU01 memory chan01. I have reseated all the RAM and shuffled them to different slots, powered up with no ram, and tried a new power supply. Still the same 3  or 9 flashes.

While I am yet to try 1 DIMM at a time, are there any other suggestions as to how to get this working?

6 REPLIES 6
Suman_1978
HPE Pro

Sunitha_Mod

Hello @TnTHPE

Let us know if you were able to resolve the issue.

If you have no further query and you are satisfied with the answer then kindly mark the topic as Solved so that it is helpful for all community members.

Thanks,
Sunitha G
I'm an HPE employee.
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]
Accept or Kudo
TnTHPE
Frequent Visitor

Thanks for the links, unforunately one is still seeing in ILO the messages

Server Critical Fault (Service Information: Power On Fault, Power Supply, Power Supply 1 (01h))

and

Server Critical Fault (Service Information: Power On Fault, Memory, CPU 1 Memory Channels 1-4 (02h))

But we have installed a new PSU and DIMMs have been individually installed and shuffled.

Also note that no video is displayed.

Screenshot 2024-04-28 at 16.40.21.pngScreenshot 2024-04-28 at 16.40.52.pngScreenshot 2024-04-28 at 16.42.13.png

Suman_1978
HPE Pro

Hi,

Have you tried clearing the NVRAM from the Maintenance Switch on the system board?
Remove any hardware from system board which is not required for boot, example pci cards.
Configure server with minimum RAM.

If your server has this feature of "Redundant System ROM" You can try to switch between active and Redundant System ROM.

Thank You!
I work with HPE but opinions expressed here are mine.

I work for HPE.
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]

Accept or Kudo

TnTHPE
Frequent Visitor

@Suman_1978 Yes. I have attempted to reset the NVRAM using the service switches. However as there is no video output, I cannot be sure this was successful. What is certain is that the LEDs are still flashing, there is no video and the machine does not start.

Suman_1978
HPE Pro

Hi,

If you have a spare video card, you can try adding that card and connecting the monitor, may be the onboard video is bad.
If still not working and you need to get the server to work, consider contacting HPE Support and log a ticket.

Thank You!
I work with HPE but opinions expressed here are mine.

I work for HPE.

Accept or Kudo