1754368 Members
3923 Online
108813 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

DL360 G10: ILO5 cannot flash *.fwpkg

mh12
Occasional Contributor

DL360 G10: ILO5 cannot flash *.fwpkg

This is 2nd time where firmware file *.fwpkg[1] won't get flashed via ILO on Proliant DL360 Gen10 (it ends up with very general error).
This one is for power supply and previous one[2] was for SPS.
For latter one HPE support suggested using firmware file *.bin from Windows firmware package.
Unfortunately FW for power supply is not offered as *.bin and seems to be binary identical across the platforms (win, linux, independent).
My DL360g10s run ESXi so I update FW via ILO.
Any has encountered similar problem?

ILO.png

[1] ROM Flash Firmware Package - HPE Flexible Slot Power Supplies for HPE ProLiant Servers 
[2] ROM Flash Firmware Package - Server Platform Services (SPS) Firmware for HPE Gen10 Servers 

3 REPLIES 3
Suman_1978
HPE Pro

Re: DL360 G10: ILO5 cannot flash *.fwpkg

Hi,

For this error I found one article where this error comes up When flashing the HPE Innovation Engine firmware via the iLO 5 web interface.
ROM Flash Firmware Package - Server Platform Services (SPS) Firmware for HPE Gen10 Servers, installation instructions states that:

Prerequisites:
HPE Gen10 system ROM version 1.26 or later
HPE Gen10 Innovation Engine (IE) Firmware version 0.1.5.2 or later

Try updating the IE firmware first then update the remaining FW.

Thank You!
I work with HPE but opinions expressed here are mine.
HPE Tech Tips videos on How To and Troubleshooting topics

I work for HPE.
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]

Accept or Kudo

mh12
Occasional Contributor

Not applicable for my situation - I already have the latest FW for IE (0.2.3.0).

ilo2.png

Suman_1978
HPE Pro

Hi,

Got it.  In your first post, you mentioned about HPE Support, have you logged a case with them regarding this issue?

Have you tried alternate methods like SPP?

May be a wiered idea, are there any tasks running or in Queue in the iLO, can you clear the tasks (if not important) and then try again?
https://techlibrary.hpe.com/docs/iss/EL8000t/setup_install/install_queue.html

Thank You!
I work with HPE but opinions expressed here are mine.
HPE Tech Tips videos on How To and Troubleshooting topics

I work for HPE.
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]

Accept or Kudo