ProLiant Servers (ML,DL,SL)
1754974 Members
3064 Online
108828 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: DL360 Gen10 Drive Slot

rcasero622

DL360 Gen10 Drive Slot

Hi, I have been wondeering how would I enmable the last two drive slots on the DL360 Gen10, it has 10 drive slots but the last two top and bottom dirve slots are not seeing the drives. I would like to use the drives in this slot if possible.

Thank you

IMG_5869 copy.jpeg

6 REPLIES 6
shiva_jr
HPE Pro

Hi @rcasero622 ,

1. Some of the media bay kits such as 8SFF or 10SFF will suppport only with particular processors. Please refer quickspecs page no. 45.
2. Refer the document for supported cabling kit and RAID controller.
3. Verify if the server components such backplane, RAID controller, Processor, cabling are compatible.
     If yes, then try by system and component's firmware flash by SPP.

Regards,
Shiva_JR

I work for HPE
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]

Accept or Kudo

rcasero622

Thank you for the reply, but to make it easier for me, can I look for a part number if I open it up and where would I see that so I can try cabling it.

Document is great but not sure I truely understand it.

Thank you, 

rcasero622

I also just added a picture from the inside, hopefully that can help you guide me if I can re-cable or just does not support. Thank you !inside-dl360.jpg

rcasero622

Would this cable HP Mini SAS Cable for HPE Proliant DL360 G10 876867-001 be sufficiant to get those two end drives working ?

Below is where I would connect it to, I drew a redline and I would remove the current cable ?

inside-dl360 2.jpg

ngnear
HPE Pro

Hi There,

The document - https://techhub.hpe.com/eginfolib/servers/CableMatrix/DL360_Gen10_Diagrams.html shall provide an answer.

For further support, may we ask you to log a support ticket with HPE at our Support Center - https://support.hpe.com/connect/s/?language=en_US

I'm an HPE employee.
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]
Accept or Kudo
rcasero622

thank you will take a look at the document and then move forward.