4588 Online
108758 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: DL380 G10: Can not install Window Server 2016

tiennghia
Occasional Visitor

DL380 G10: Can not install Window Server 2016

Hi all,

I got trouble with installation Window server 2016 on DL380 G10 server.

I was try to deploy by Intelligent Provisioning with Window Server 2016 ISO file, but installation process breakdown while installing process (Installing around ~86%).

The ISO file is no problem, I tested with another devices.

I wondered is there any install driver for RAID controller, part model is : HPE Smart Array P408i-a SR Gen10.

PS: I set all BIOS setting as default.

Thank you.

11 REPLIES 11
krasinka1409
HPE Pro

Hello, 

there may be an issue with intelligent provisioning. You may try to update the IP using following iSO :

https://support.hpe.com/hpsc/swd/public/detail?sp4ts.oid=1008862660&swItemId=MTX_18e38f1284c84e8a98eb1ed4b3&swEnvOid=4184#tab1

If issue persists, install the OS manualy (booting from OS media) and import the controller driver during installation when prompt:

https://support.hpe.com/hpsc/swd/public/detail?sp4ts.oid=1009955119&swItemId=MTX_feeeea3c64e04e47a684c2961d&swEnvOid=4184#tab1

Thank you
I am an HPE Employee
tiennghia
Occasional Visitor

Hello, Thank for your reply.

I got remote support from HPE, and have to remove FC card for installing OS, it's very strange.

I hope that would not happen again once replace the new FC card.

Thank you.

EEALFA21

F9 to Disable FC card then install Windows2016 After installation reactivate de FC card

mikewinn
Occasional Contributor

What is an FC card and where do you disable it?

airbibo

This is the reason. You need to disable the IOMMU in Bios.   DESCRIPTION

On an HPE ProLiant Gen10 Server (AMD-based) and using Intelligent Provisioning with IOMMU enabled and installing any version of Microsoft Windows Server, the operating system will be unable to run without a hot fix from Microsoft.

Because of the way that Windows is installed, all Windows Server OS versions installed through the F10 function will fail.

SCOPE

Any HPE ProLiant Gen10 Server (AMD-based) using Intelligent Provisioning with IOMMU enabled and running any version of Microsoft Windows Server.

RESOLUTION

This is a Microsoft and HPE known issue.

As a workaround, disable IOMMU, install the Windows Server OS as usual, and then apply all the needed hotfixes from Microsoft before reactivating IOMMU in the BIOS configuration or the Intelligent Provisioning BIOS setup, if required

Jimmy Vance
HPE Pro

@airbibo wrote:
This is the reason. You need to disable the IOMMU in Bios.   DESCRIPTION

On an HPE ProLiant Gen10 Server (AMD-based) and using Intelligent Provisioning with IOMMU enabled and installing any version of Microsoft Windows Server, the operating system will be unable to run without a hot fix from Microsoft.

Because of the way that Windows is installed, all Windows Server OS versions installed through the F10 function will fail.

SCOPE

Any HPE ProLiant Gen10 Server (AMD-based) using Intelligent Provisioning with IOMMU enabled and running any version of Microsoft Windows Server.

RESOLUTION

This is a Microsoft and HPE known issue.

As a workaround, disable IOMMU, install the Windows Server OS as usual, and then apply all the needed hotfixes from Microsoft before reactivating IOMMU in the BIOS configuration or the Intelligent Provisioning BIOS setup, if required

The DL380 is not an AMD based server. This customer advisory is for AMD based servers

https://support.hpe.com/hpsc/doc/public/display?docId=emr_na-a00046081en_us&docLocale=en_US

Hardware Platforms Affected: HPE ProLiant DL385 Gen10 Server, HPE ProLiant DL325 Gen10 Server

No support by private messages. Please ask the forum! 
SBFact

I called in for assistance. We changed boot order to boot from ISO, but had drivers from here:

https://support.hpe.com/hpsc/swd/public/detail?swItemId=MTX_94ecae7363534a82b939888db5

Issue was once the iso would actually read (you can't do assisted install or it will fail) it would not read the drives. Having this driver allowed it to see the drives and install on them. Hope this helps!

I would highly recommend calling in though if you are stuck, they helped me in record time. 

lavanyareddy563

Hi all,

I need to remove user data and OS from HP PROLIANT DL360 GEN10 machine.

can any one help me over here.

I tried it by installing windows image during which I am formating the drivers. This is working for GEN9 machines but while I am trying to do same for GEN10 servers during the installation I am getting error message like no drivers found, even I am unable to see any driver.

Thank you.

ramesh28
Occasional Visitor

I have disabled FC and tried but still cannot install, its stuck at OS preparing installation page around 76% stuck  when I use IP manual option instead of assisting, If I use assisting WINPE driver copying state its stucked