3273 Online
108760 Solutions
New Discussion

DL380 Gen10 - SPP - TPM Warning

rookie1082
Frequent Advisor

DL380 Gen10 - SPP - TPM Warning

Hello,

On Gen10 servers in Automatic SPP mode, we get a TPM warning that we haven't come across before.

Is there a switch we can edit in the grub.cfg to bypass the TPM warning?  Screen shot attached.

These are barebone servers with no Operating System, on a bootable SPP ISO (Full, not custom).Screen Shot 2018-07-09 at 12.58.43 PM.png

4 REPLIES 4
Walawala
Visitor

Re: DL380 Gen10 - SPP - TPM Warning

There are few ways to get around this, I'm assuming you have software TPM and not hardware. 
1.) Setting TPMvisibility to hidden.  This will allow you to use the SPP without user intervention.
Line 1848 and below is a good example https://github.com/HewlettPackard/PowerShell-ProLiant-SDK/blob/master/HPEREST/HPRESTExamples.ps1

2.) Get a baseline of the packages you need and extract them from the SPP. This lets ilo install them on the next reboot. (off the top of my head so I may be missing a flag but this will get you 90% of the way there)

$session = connect-hpeilo -IP <fqdn> -Username <username> -Password <password> -DisableCertificateAuthentication
Add-HPEiLORepositoryComponent -Connection $session -Location <File> -CompSigLocation <compfile> -Confirm
Invoke-HPEiLORepositoryComponent -Connection $session -Filename <FileName> -TaskName “BIOSUpdate1_40” -UpdatableBy “UEFI” -Expire 0 -Confirm -TPMOverride

Jimmy Vance
HPE Pro

I am in discussion with SPP team on how this can be set as a flag or option to skip warning

No support by private messages. Please ask the forum! 
treycubed

Any luck with this? I just ran into this problem with SPP 2022.03...

Sunitha_Mod

Hello @treycubed

Thank you for posting! Since you have posted in an old topic and there is no response yet, I would recommend you to create a new topic using the create "New Discussion" button, so the experts can check and help you further. 

Thanks,
Sunitha G
I'm an HPE employee.
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]
Accept or Kudo