6361 Online
108874 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

DL380 / Windows Server 2003 - ACU Won't Run

SOLVED
Go to solution
Marvin Masson

DL380 / Windows Server 2003 - ACU Won't Run

I've just run the HP Support Pack 8.0 because I was having some problems running the Array Config Utility. After the update, I can run the ACU CLI, but still the graphical ACU won't run. I click it from the menu and nothing. The documentation says I should be able to access from the left of the HP System Managment (Insight), but there is on ACU on the left hand side. I've tried running cpqacuxe.exe and setup.exe in the "C:\Program Files\Compaq\Cpqacuxe\bin\" directory, but no luck there either, I click open and nothing happens.

Any help would be great. Thanks!
4 REPLIES 4
KarloChacon
Honored Contributor
Solution

Re: DL380 / Windows Server 2003 - ACU Won't Run

hi

I supposed this is DL380 G5?

1. have you checked if cpqacuxe.exe runs in background I mean check task manager

2. which Internet explorer are you using? 7.x? if so have tried go to 6.x?

3.what if you try this:

go to add/remove programs
remove array diagnostic utility
install it again
http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/SoftwareDescription.jsp?swItem=MTX-0d16000b9f7d454eb8f32ef1feтМй=en&cc=us&idx=0&mode=4&

let us know
regards

Didn't your momma teach you to say thanks!
Marvin Masson

I'm running a DL380 G3 with 2003 Server.

Currently I'm running IE6. I've checked the task manager and nothing is running there. I had the problem before I installed the support pack 8.0, but I figured the support pack would fix everything.

I guess uninstalling and reinstalling the ACU is a good idea. But finding it on the website is another matter...
Marvin Masson

Karlo, your advise worked. I uninstalled array config utility. Then reinstalled the software. It was includedd in the support pack 8.0 - CP008087.exe. After re-installation of just that package, it worked great! Thanks!
KarloChacon
Honored Contributor

glad to hear that

thanks for the points
Didn't your momma teach you to say thanks!