1752754 Members
4502 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

DL380p G8 cpu support

Joshua Kaplan_1
Advisor

DL380p G8 cpu support

I need to know what processors this server will support at BIOS level P70, which is the latest one on the support page.

If the E5 v3 family is supported, I need to know that, too.

TIA for replies

6 REPLIES 6
Jimmy Vance
HPE Pro

Re: DL380p G8 cpu support

P70 is the ROM family, that never changes. 2015.07.01 (A) (11 Nov 2015) is the latest released version.  Check the quickspec for a listing of supported processors

No support by private messages. Please ask the forum! 
waaronb
Respected Contributor

The DL380 Gen8 running the latest firmware should be able to support up to the E5-2600 v2 processors.  The v3 and v4 CPUs use a slightly different socket spec so they will not work.  You need the G9 for those.

For specific CPU support, check the quickspecs to make sure it's a supported option and whether you might need additional fans or different PSUs (such as when adding a 2nd CPU).

Torsten.
Acclaimed Contributor

You probably need a bit more firmware:

http://h20564.www2.hpe.com/hpsc/doc/public/display?docId=c03911173

Advisory: (Revision) HP ProLiant Gen8 Servers - Instructions for Upgrading an HP ProLiant Gen8 Server From an Intel Xeon Processor E5-2600, E5-2400, or E5-4600 to an Intel Xeon Processor E5-2600 v2, E5-2400 v2, or E5-4600 v2

Hope this helps!
Regards
Torsten.

If you feel this was helpful please click the KUDOS! thumb below!   
Vktor
Frequent Advisor

jccasullo
Occasional Visitor

Muito bom o cont├║do no link que enviou.

Mas fiquei com uma d├║vida. Sou obrigado a isntalar um processador Ivy Bridge (E5 v2) se eu atualizar?

Pergunto porque tenho receio de os processadores Ivy Bridege (E5 v2) que tenho n├гo estarem operantes e eu ser obrigado a voltar o processador Sandy Bridge (E5 v1).

Google Translated

The content in the link you sent is very good.

But I had a doubt. Am I required to install an Ivy Bridge processor (E5 v2) if I upgrade?

I ask because I'm afraid that the Ivy Bridege processors (E5 v2) that I have are not working and I will be forced to return the Sandy Bridge processor (E5 v1).

Sunitha_Mod

Hello @jccasullo,

Thank you for writing to us! You might want to consider creating a new topic by utilizing the "New Discussion" button, as this will not only enhance visibility compared to the old topic but also boost your chances of receiving responses from experts.

Thanks,
Sunitha G
I'm an HPE employee.
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]
Accept or Kudo