ProLiant Servers (ML,DL,SL)
1748213 Members
3043 Online
108759 Solutions
New Discussion

DL380P Gen8 will not boot to anything but C: drive.

MET_IT
Occasional Contributor

DL380P Gen8 will not boot to anything but C: drive.

I have 2 DL380P Gen8 servers that need to be re-installed.  When I try to boot into Intelligent Provisioning it just skips it and boots to the C: drive with no error message.  It also will not boot to USB or virtual CD/DVD.

Here is what I have tried already;

Any help would be much appreciated.  

Just know that I do not have physical access to these servers and can only, for the time being, access them remotely.

Eric

4 REPLIES 4
Bhargav0
Occasional Advisor

Re: DL380P Gen8 will not boot to anything but C: drive.

Hi Eric,

Please get a case logged with server support team for further analysis/fix

Thank you
I am an HPE employee
MET_IT
Occasional Contributor

I would love to but I do not have an HPE warranty any more on this server.

Any other ideas?

Eric

Jimmy Vance
HPE Pro

I know you've stated you reset RBSU to factory defaults,. If you've only done this through RBSU, pull the cover and use SW6 of the maintenance switch to reset

No support by private messages. Please ask the forum! 
seanwil12

I am also having this issue.  I have an error message in the ILO Diagnostics page stating "Controller firmware revision 2.10.00 Embedded media initialization failed due to media write-verify test failure".  I have tried using the Intelligence Recovery media and to no avail.  I just get Failed to write to NVRAM. I am unable to download any SPP software as I am out of warranty. This server is essentially a brick to me at the moment, which is sad because for an enterprise-grade piece of equipment this thing sure does prove to be rather unreliable.