108759 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Event ID 5009 Source HpCISSs3

SOLVED
Go to solution
MMoore56
Occasional Contributor

Event ID 5009 Source HpCISSs3

My event log is filling up with:  On controller (bus 2, device 0, function 0) the HP SSD Smart Path for LUN (0, 1, 1) is Disabled.

Anyone know how to disable this logging? They are information entries that I don't need. Server is a Proliant DL380p Gen8.

Thanks

P.S. This thread has been moved from General to ProLiant Servers (ML,DL,SL). - Hp Forum Moderator

11 REPLIES 11
hewlett
Occasional Visitor

hello,

i have now same issue.

i think it started after i installed HP Smart Array SAS/SATA Event Notification Service 6.38.0.64.

now in system eventlog EVERY FEW SECONDS a new event like this is written:

Log Name: System
Source: HpCISSs3
Event ID: 5009
Level: Information
Keywords: Classic
Description:
On controller (bus 2, device 0, function 0) the HP SSD Smart Path for LUN (0, 1, 0) is Disabled.

how to get rid of this ????

thanks.

RbBsmn
Regular Advisor

I remember that they are working on a fix to disable these false alarms, but no ETA was known at the time (this was around August).
Did my post help? Thank me with kudo's! :)
PMW1
Occasional Visitor
Solution

I recently deployed 4 servers all having this problem. 3 were 2012 R2 and the other was 2008 R2. I used HP Service Pack for ProLiant 2014.09.

After investigating, I decided to see what was different and ran SPP 2014.06 which I knew didn't have the problem. After looking at the inventory I noticed HP ProLiant Smart Array SAS/SATA Controller Driver for Windows Server 2012 x64 Edition (cp020624) Driver 62.28.0.64 was not deployed.

I copied cp020624.exe locally to the 2012 R2 servers and ran it as administrator. This deployment requires a reboot.

The file for 2008 R2 is cp020623.exe.

After the reboot the system logs no longer had the informational messages.

LookHereSonny
Occasional Contributor

Looks like this is an issue with the HP ProLiant Smart Array SAS/SATA Event Notification Service version 6.38.0.64 on Windows 2012 R2. Downgrading to version 6.36.0.64 caused the messages to stop flooding eventlog for me. 

LookHereSonny
Occasional Contributor

Turns out this did not fix the issue. From what I can tell the event is logged by the HpCISSs3 driver itself, not any HP monitoring service.

Davwil
Occasional Visitor

Hello All

I'm getting loads of the event 5009 HPCISSs3 notifications about an SSD SmartPath being disbable when I don't have any SSD drives in my system. :-(

Tried downgrading  HP ProLiant Smart Array SAS/SATA Event Notification to 6.36.0.64 from 6.38.0.64. And I'm still getting the errors.

Any thoughts - please?

Cheers David 

hpkasabbagh
Frequent Advisor

Hello David,

This event loaded by the agent hp. Uninstall it or upgrade the last version.

Sincerly
RMoore-PGW
Visitor

I've got this issue when I installed SPP 2014.09 it included 62.28.0.64(18 Feb 2014) version of "HP ProLiant Smart Array SAS/SATA Controller Driver for Windows Server 2012 x64 Edition". This is the version that the 'answered' poster said he installed to get rid of the issue???

catastro_gen
Frequent Advisor

Hi all. I had the same issues with six blades BL460c Gen8 with SAS disks (no SSD).

I have in these servers Windows 2008 R2, and all the latests patches and drivers on it.

I had the HPCISSS3 driver installed ("HP ProLiant Smart Array HPCISSS3 Controller Driver for Windows Server 2008 x64 Edition"), and I had the same messages filling the Windows log from the beginning.

I installed the "HP ProLiant Smart Array SAS/SATA Controller Driver for Windows Server" after I saw all the threads about this issue, rebooted the server, and now I have don't have these messages at all in the Windows log.

So, I guess is a bug or malfunction of the HPICSS driver.

I hope it helps.