1752777 Members
6476 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: FATAL ROM ERROR

Jr182
Occasional Collector

FATAL ROM ERROR

Hello community. I'm a Foxconn employee at the Houston, Texas location and we service HP Servers. I'm working on a DL380p running Windows. During post I get an error message that states there is a FATAL ROM ERROR and my system ROM isn't properly programmed. At Foxconn we can replace any chip in-house including the physical system ROM part it's a U163. I've replaced that U163 ROM part twice, as well as the iLO ROM U164, the iLO chip itself U160, the ME ROM U149, as well as a few others. I've also tried to up and downgrade the system ROM firmware via the iLO log in page under administration>firmware. So far I have ended up sort on this issue and I have another board that does the same. I've asked ALL fellow associates on the matter and it's the first time they've seen this message as well. Prior to the error message I had an NMI red screen error. That prompted me to replace the system ROM U163 part and now I have the FATAL ROM ERROR message. Any/all info good or bad is greatly appreciated. I'll do my best to answer any questions one may have. Thank you for your time.
2 REPLIES 2
AmRa
HPE Pro

Hi

We have seen similar issue reported by customer and the issue was fixed after implementing the action plan mentioned in customer advisory resolution section.

https://support.hpe.com/hpesc/public/docDisplay?docId=emr_na-c04996097

I am an HPE Employee.
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]

Accept or Kudo
Med-Hamdi
HPE Pro

Hello,

Can you please provide us IML log and a screen shoot of the error message " Fatal error".

Thanks

I am a HPE Employee