5954 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: G8 DL 380p server and p840 controller

Oldaricz
Occasional Contributor

G8 DL 380p server and p840 controller

Hi,

I have G8 DL 380p server and I would like to buy p840 controller. Is it possible to use it in G8 server? Is there some a technical limit?

I would like to extend my server about 25 sff cage and I want to use 12G drives.

thank you

3 REPLIES 3
Bunsol
HPE Pro

Hi,

The storage controller P840 is not compatible with the DL380p Gen8 server. Please find below the link to quickspecs for the server DL380p Gen8:-

https://h20195.www2.hpe.com/v2/getdocument.aspx?docname=c04123238

Above link you can also find the controllers compatible and also the option to adding the different types of cages.
Check Page 7 with the header Drive Bays which gives all the information.

If you have a 8SFF model in your current setup then NOTE: The 8LFF, 12LFF, and 25SFF drive cage versions are not field
upgradeable options from the 8SFF model. 

Hope this answers your query.

Regards,

Bunsol

If you feel this was helpful please click the KUDOS! Thumbs below!
I am an HPE employee.
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]
Accept or Kudo
Oldaricz
Occasional Contributor

Hello,

you wrote: "If you have a 8SFF model in your current setup then NOTE: The 8LFF, 12LFF, and 25SFF drive cage versions are not field upgradeable options from the 8SFF model."

Why it is not possible? 25 SFF cage is possible to buy. DL380 exists in 25 sff version.

thank you

Bunsol
HPE Pro

Hi,

This 25SFF verion is only available during the time you order the server. These are not field upgradable meaning that they cannot be customized by adding an additional part. The setup/how the cages/backplane fit to the chassis is non customizable and is factory set only.

If you feel this was helpful please click the KUDOS! Thumbs below!
I am an HPE employee.
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]
Accept or Kudo