5529 Online
108827 Solutions
New Discussion

Graphic adapter for HP DL380p G8 Server

arzoum
Occasional Visitor

Graphic adapter for HP DL380p G8 Server

Dear All,

I have a HP DL380p G8 Server, I search a graphic adapter with 1GB compatible with my server.

After full search on the HP Web Site, I have not find what I need.

Please help me to find a graphic adapter compatible with the DL380p G8 with 1GB.

Thanks

3 REPLIES 3
waaronb
Respected Contributor

Re: Graphic adapter for HP DL380p G8 Server

Any adapter should work okay. Make sure you use the appropriate PCI slot for whatever adapter you chose (x8 or x16).

If you're looking for an official HP option, go here and look up the part number for what you need:
http://www8.hp.com/h20195/v2/GetPDF.aspx/c04128241.pdf

(that's the quickspec page for the DL380p Gen8)
arzoum
Occasional Visitor

Hi Waaronb,

Thank you. now my difficulty is to find a graphic card with 1GB not more.

please assist.

Thanks

waaronb
Respected Contributor

All of the HP graphic adapter options are pretty high end since they're meant for offloading computation or virtual desktop loads.

It sounds like what you need is just a consumer graphic adapter, so you should check your reseller's site and pick whatever adapter fits your needs.

The built-in adapter on the DL380p Gen8 isn't that bad. You won't be doing any heavy duty gaming on it but if you're a gamer you probably wouldn't pick one of these servers as your gaming rig. :)

I don't know what your requirements are that you need exactly 1GB of video memory... the built in Matrox G200 is tied in with the ILO4 I think, and shares it's memory or something like that.

Just remember that if you are looking for some heavy duty, high powered GPU, it will affect the cooling and power loads inside the server. You may need to upgrade the power supplies if you have the lower end version (460W) and go to 750W or 1200W.

Long or extra wide GPU options might also run into space limitations on the PCI riser card. HP sells a "GPU cage" option that supports their own Grid/Tesla GPU add-ons, so one of those might work for a specific 3rd party GPU but I have no idea.