ProLiant Servers (ML,DL,SL)
1752806 Members
5774 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

How can I configure scheduled consistency check with Smart Array Administrator?

SOLVED
Go to solution
sattobi
Frequent Visitor

How can I configure scheduled consistency check with Smart Array Administrator?

Hello!

I have an DL80 Gen9 server with 8x 4TB HDDs and configured RAID6.
However I can't find any settings about consistency check or patrol-read in HP Smart Storage Administrator.

How do I set up scheduled consistency check?

<Env>
Server : DL80 Gen9
RAID card : Smar Array P440
App : HP SmartStorageAdministrator GUI

3 REPLIES 3
jekoy
Advisor

Re: How can I configure scheduled consistency check with Smart Array Administrator?

Hi, Sattobi.

You can try and check HP SPP. Or you may read this for reference.

https://support.hpe.com/hpsc/doc/public/display?docId=a00048286en_us

Thanks,

sattobi
Frequent Visitor

Re: How can I configure scheduled consistency check with Smart Array Administrator?

Hi Jekoy,

I installed MR storage administrator but MRSA can't find controller. It looks like P440 controller is not supported.

Do you know Is there any way to check consistency with P440 controller?

Thanks!

Jimmy Vance
HPE Pro
Solution

@sattobi wrote:

Hi Jekoy,

I installed MR storage administrator but MRSA can't find controller. It looks like P440 controller is not supported.

Do you know Is there any way to check consistency with P440 controller?

Thanks!

MRSA is only for Megaraid based controllers, which are a new controller option for Gen10 ProLiant.  You can run an ADU report from HPE SSA (Smart Storage Administrator) but it really isn't needed.  Traditional Smart Array (SR Based) controllers continually check the arrays.
From the user guide
"Surface scan analysis is an automatic background process that ensures that you can recover data if a
drive failure occurs. The scanning process checks physical drives in fault-tolerant logical drives for bad
sectors, and in RAID 5 or RAID 6 (ADG) configurations, it also verifies the consistency of parity data."

No support by private messages. Please ask the forum!