ProLiant Servers (ML,DL,SL)
1753720 Members
4943 Online
108799 Solutions
New Discussion

How Install Windows Server 2012 R2 STD from iLO (Step by Step)

MarckoG
Occasional Visitor

How Install Windows Server 2012 R2 STD from iLO (Step by Step)

I have struggled for weeks to install Windows Server 2012 R2 Standard on my (new) HPE Proliant ML30 server;   - Already try for legacy and it is very complicated for the drivers of the hard disk.

- I already tried with USB with an ISO image of Evaluation and when finishing the installation it marks me error of licensing.  

- I already try USB with a Commercial ISO image and it marks me the error: "The win.xml file was not generated correctly"  

- Already try with Evaluation CD / DVD and mark licensing error.  

- I already tried with commercial CD / DVD and it marks me the same error: "The win.xml file was not generated correctly".    

I have not found more ISO files on the internet that are not EVALUATION more than that.  

I have read that it is very easy to install from iLO and I already have my iLO trial license but I have never used it and I know absolutely nothing about how to do it by this method, I would appreciate it if someone could give me a step-by-step MANUAL of how to install through iLO (from the configuration and installation of iLO to the installation of Windows).   I hope you can help me I have weeks in this and I already feel a little desperate.  

* I have my Windows Server 2012 R2 STD Original license (* Extra data)

3 REPLIES 3
FabioC1
HPE Pro

Re: How Install Windows Server 2012 R2 STD from iLO (Step by Step)

First of all, Are you using the intelligent provisionin  (F10)  to install de OS ?

Pag 20

https://support.hpe.com/hpsc/doc/public/display?docId=c04419967

FabioC1 - HPE Pro

Accept or Kudo

MarckoG
Occasional Visitor

Cambiar a español
That's right, I'm trying to install from Intelligent Provisioning and I have the newest version of the firmware installed (2.70) and I still have the same problems.
I want to know how to configure and enter iLO step by step for install my windows server.
FabioC1
HPE Pro

Can you use this video with step by step

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xFii0G1beYU

FabioC1 - HPE Pro

Accept or Kudo