1748165 Members
3901 Online
108758 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: How to boot to RAID setup configuration utility on DL380 G6 and G7

PPerry
Occasional Contributor

How to boot to RAID setup configuration utility on DL380 G6 and G7

I know on a G5 it would let you press F8 after it the RAID controller started but on a G6 and G7 I do not see that option.  I need to be able to avoid using the HP SmartStart CD for engineers in the field.

Any ideas?

5 REPLIES 5
Jimmy Vance
HPE Pro

The ORCA (Option ROM Configuration for Arrays) utility is still there for G6, G7, and Gen8. Still uses F8 for to access the utility during POST

No support by private messages. Please ask the forum! 
Johan Guldmyr
Honored Contributor

On my DL360 G7 with smart array controllers.

At some point during POST it will give you the opportunity to press the <any key> to get some 'extra POST messages'. After that it's possible to press F8 and get into ORCA.
BOYAN BIANDOV
Regular Advisor

Thank you!

Yes there IS NO PROMPT asking you to hit F8 but if you do you will end up in the Array Configuration text-based utility!

Thanks

jlkansascity
Occasional Visitor

You can also get to the ACU by hitting the F10 and going to Intelligent Provisioning, then choosing HP SMart Storage Administrator which will load the GUI ACU.

BOYAN BIANDOV
Regular Advisor

@jlkansascity There's not such thing as IP in G6 and G7, it was first introduced with G8 and up of ProLiants. The instructions around IP however are accurate for G8 and up, you do get nice GUI from within IP to manege RAID controller!