ProLiant Servers (ML,DL,SL)
1758669 Members
1994 Online
108874 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: How to update the serial # at BIOS in Proliant 1xx series?

Micablue
Advisor

How to update the serial # at BIOS in Proliant 1xx series?

We have a Proliant DL160 here and it's system board got replaced by ourselves recently. I understand in the Proliant 3xx series, you can always update the serial # in the BIOS but how could I do it in a 1xx series? I don't see that option in the BIOS. Please advise
7 REPLIES 7
Proliant Watch
Valued Contributor

Please check the maintenance and service guide for Dl120 G6. Under "Main" tab two options are available...

Set Server Asset Text :Enter the server asset tag and serial number. This information is printed on the serial label located on the rear panel.

Set Serial Number Text:
Creek
Frequent Advisor

On these systems, you generally have to use the SETSYS utility. It can be found here:

http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/SoftwareDescription.jsp?lang=en&cc=us&swItem=MTX-1d48ae3f19d945b481c20736d6&jumpid=reg_R1002_USEN

[Moderator edit: Removed the broken link. Please refer to https://support.hpe.com/]

Micablue
Advisor

Anywhere I can find the instruction on how to use the SETSYS utility to update the the serial # on these DL/ML 1xx series?

Thanks
Proliant Watch
Valued Contributor

This utility requires the use of a USB floppy drive or a USB key formatted in diskette mode. Use the "Installation Instructions" to prepare a USB diskette of setsys.exe revision 1.07 or greater.

Connect a monitor to the VGA port and PS2 keyboard to the HP D2D backup system and then turn on the monitor. Plug the USB key into the D2D and reboot the D2D, making sure that there are no backup or replication jobs occurring at this time.

On reboot, the D2D will enter a DOS prompt.

Go to the directory with the utility on.

At the DOS prompt type:

setsys.exe /K=

To update the serial number, check the serial number of the D2D on the grey label on the top left corner of the D2D. At the DOS prompt type:

setsys.exe /S=

Regards,
http://hpproliant.blogspot.com/
Adivya
Visitor

is it possible for anyone to provide the setsys utility ,because currently this file is nowhere to be found on the internet.

Sunitha_Mod

Hello @Adivya,

Thank you for posting! 

You might want to consider creating a new topic by utilizing the "New Discussion" button, as this will not only enhance visibility compared to the old topic but also boost your chances of receiving responses from experts.

Thanks,
Sunitha G
I'm an HPE employee.
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]
Accept or Kudo
PZ4
HPE Pro

According to me its here:

HP ProLiant DL100 Series Family of Servers - Unable to Change the Serial Number in the RBSU (hpe.com)

I'm an HPE employee.
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]