1752280 Members
5326 Online
108786 Solutions
New Discussion

HP Baseboard Management Controller IPMI Device error

ebrunning
Occasional Visitor

HP Baseboard Management Controller IPMI Device error

I have a brand new HP Proliant DL380 Gen9 server that I am getting an error message in the Device Manager that I can't get resolved.  HP Baseboard Management Controller IPMI Device error states "The device cannot start Code 10"  "The I/O device is configured incorrectly or the configuration parameters to the driver are incorrect".  This server has a fresh build of Server 2012R2 and have ran the Proliant Service Pack 2016.10.0_1 which should have installed the latest drivers.  If anyone can help me resolve this error, I would greatly appreciate it.

9 REPLIES 9
atroost
Visitor

Re: HP Baseboard Management Controller IPMI Device error

Hello,

I'm having this issue to on two HP Proliant DL380 Gen9 server(s).

Can someone please give me a solution.

Regards,

Antoine

Alex-GR
Occasional Visitor

Good day. We have the same issue with a new ProLiant DL360 Gen9 (PID: 843375-425) in Windows Server 2012 R2.

"HP Baseboard Management Controller IPMI Device" in Device Manager has the following status: "This device cannot start. (Code 10) The I/O device is configured incorrectly or the configuration parameters to the driver are incorrect."

Screenshot:

tr01

Also we discovered if an USB fax-modem is connected with appropriate driver the same error appears:

tr02

We have installed all available firmwares/drivers.

Any suggestions? Thanks.

D.Glass
Advisor

We have same issue on DL360 Gen9 servers running Windows Server 2012 R2, but it only ocurred after I installed the Hewlett Packard IPMI driver when it appeared in the list of optional updates in Windows Update this month. When our servers were built in August 2016, they got a generic Microsoft IPMI driver.

HPIPMI.PNG

AWentink

I'm having this problem aswell on a HP DL380 G5 server with Windows Server 2012 R2 installed, is there any fix for this?

David_Fainshtei
Visitor

Iv'e opened a case with HPE.

After some research we conducted with the support engineer, we came to conclusion that this problem, related to some non-critical functionallity of iLO, caused by buggy Device Driver released this month. They probably will fix the issue soon by updating the driver. Meanwhile it is safe to leave it as is or to rollback the driver to generic Microsoft's version dated arround 2006 and block it on Windows Update.

VAHON

I have precisly the same problem as above, but I cannot rollback the driver.
And to make matters worse, the network ports arent functioning.

Can someone get me a link to that 2006 driver for Windows Server 2012 R2 Datacenter ?
Thanks in advance!

sleeman_us

I'm having the same issue with this.  HP MicroServer Gen 8. after rebuild.    If there is a resolution for this please post.

Pindleskin

I'm also getting this. I open a case with HPE, they sent me drivers that I already had installed and after giving them my Health Status Log, they said to replace the system board (this was a brand new server, not even 2 weeks old at that time). Even though I knew a new system board wouldn't do the trick, it was under warranty so we do it anyways. Replacing the system board did not fix the issue, so it has to be driver related.

alexm77
Occasional Visitor

In windows driver options you can specify to ROLL BACK to the earlier generic microsoft driver. This seems resolve the issue.