108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: HP DL 360 G7 running Ubuntu 10.04.4 LTS running out of free space

SOLVED
Go to solution
SDewan
Occasional Contributor

HP DL 360 G7 running Ubuntu 10.04.4 LTS running out of free space

2 of our HP DL 360 G7 running Ubuntu 10.04.4 LTS have 8 disks which are out of free space (post housekeeping). This server is configured as Application\database server. There are no empty slots available to add more disks to the server. I would really appreciate if I could get suggestions to expand INTERNAL storage capacity for this box. 

One option, I am considering is to add a 500GB NGFF M.2 SSD + M.2 to PCI - E Converter card. My query is if:
a) I would reqiure one of these cards and be able to add a new volume for Ubuntu database server.
b) Add 2 of these disks and configure software RAID 1.
c) Any other suggestion.

Any suggestions please... Thank You!
4 REPLIES 4
Jimmy Vance
HPE Pro

What size are the disks, and how are the logical drives configred with the RAID controller?

No support by private messages. Please ask the forum! 
SDewan
Occasional Contributor

146GB x 8 SAS disks 

HP Smart Array P410i Controller
Logical drives: 2
cciss/c0d0: 146.77GB RAID 1(1+0)
cciss/c0d1: 440.34GB RAID 1(1+0)

PS: Dont see hpacucli installed on this server.

Ken Green
Advisor

with regard to hpacucli you can get it for Ubuntu from the SRD, http://downloads.linux.hpe.com/SDR/index.html

You can either just downlod the .deb files manually or use the add_repo script to setup the "MCP" as an apt repository.

One possibility to get more space would be to switch frrom RAID 0+1 to RAID 5 or 6, but you'd probably take a performance hit on writes to the database.
I'm also intrigued that you're talking about cciss/c0d... normally I'd expect to be running the newer hpsa driver with a G7 and Ubuntu 14.04, so I was just intrigued by this combination.

SDewan
Occasional Contributor
Solution

I was able to create 20GB space by truncating database tables which were not required.

Thank you all for your responses.