5453 Online
108798 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: HP DL360 G6 -boot from External DVD drive

SureshKamath
Visitor

HP DL360 G6 -boot from External DVD drive

Hi,

I'm using HP DL 360 G6 server with RAID 1 (with 2HDDs). As i need to reinstall existing Windows server 2008 R2 , i'm trying to boot from OS DVD using a external LG DVD drive. but, it's not booting from DVD. I tried by connecting the DVD drive to different USB ports, but, no luck. Internal DVD slim drive is not working. 

There is no issue either with the DVD disk or LG DVD drive.It's found working with different desktop and server.

External DVD drive is not detected in BIOS (RBSU). I tried to enable 'Legacy USB support' in BIOS (RBSU), but, there was no option to enable. It was looking like as it is in read-only mode. 

Anyone please guide me to resolve this issue. Are there any setting i need to enable in BIOS (RBSU) to detect external DVD drive? how to enable Legacy USB support? .

2 REPLIES 2
Suman_1978
HPE Pro

Hi,

Please refer to Page#20 from this guide https://support.hpe.com/hpsc/doc/public/display?docId=c00191707

Thank You!
I am an HPE Employee

Was the post useful? Click on the white KUDOS! Thumb below.  Kudos is a way of saying thank you to a post.
Useful Links for ProLiant Servers

I work for HPE.
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]

Accept or Kudo

SureshKamath
Visitor

Thanks for the reply..

I will check and revert..