4147 Online
108722 Solutions
New Discussion

HP Proliant ML370 G6 RAID battery pack Problems

Jakc
Occasional Visitor

HP Proliant ML370 G6 RAID battery pack Problems

Hello HPE members,

My HP Proliant ML370 G6 server went down and could not boot again, when i try starting it, all the DIMM LEDs stay ON - soild green, the System Health LED solid red and there was a long beep. I later was able to single out the BBWC Battery pack. I got a spare pack and replaced it and booted the server successfully,but the system Health light stayed ON solid red, with DIMM bank A1 staying ON solid Green. I let the server run for just below an hour as i checked if all my files were intact. Later i decided to shutdown the server so that i can check and re-seat the memory. After doing this i restarted the server but now again the initial problem started again - server cannot boot all the DIMM LEDs stay ON soild green, the System Health LED solid red with a long beep.

Kindly assist as i am now back again to square 1 and stranded. Is there any other cause other than the battery pack that i am not picking, or is there special notes that i should have considered before replacing the battery pack

Your asistance is highly appreciated .

Many thanks