1748268 Members
3614 Online
108760 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: HP Smart Array P800 Controller

fabianborg
Occasional Advisor

HP Smart Array P800 Controller

I have an old HP ProLiant DL185 G5 Storage Server with twelve large form factor (LFF) 3.5" drive bays and HP Smart Array P800/512MB Controller with dual battery-backed write cache (BBWC), which I like to reconfigure into a Linux cloud storage.

I would like to ask if the P800 controller can handle drives in exess of 2TB per bay on the LFF of the server. The drives I am after are the Seagate Iron Wolf Pro.

With best regards

Fabian
5 REPLIES 5
Erdogan Temur
HPE Pro

Hi,

Max. 1TB Support.

8.0TB (8 x 1TB Hot Plug 3.5" SATA hard drives)
8.0TB (8 x 1TB Hot Plug 3.5" SAS hard drives)

Given the increasing need for high performance and rapid capacity expansion, the SA-P800 offers:

Up to 12TB of external storage per PCI slot with 4 HP 50 Modular Smart Array enclosures and 40 x 300GB SFF SAS hard drives.
Up to 57.6 TB of external storage per PCI slot with 8 HP 60 Modular Smart Array enclosures and 96 x 600GB 3.5" SAS hard drives
Up to 96 TB of external storage per PCI slot with 8 HP 60 Modular Smart Array enclosures and 96 x 1TB 3.5" SATA MDL hard drives
Up to 30 TB of external storage per PCI slot with 4 HP 70 Modular Smart Array enclosures and 100 x 300GB SFF SAS hard drives
Up to 25 TB of external storage per PCI slot with 4 HP 70 Modular Smart Array enclosures and 100 x 250GB SFF SATA ETY hard drives
NOTE: Support for greater than 2TB in a single logical drive.

Kind Regards,
Erdogan.
No support by private messages. Please ask the forum!

Accept or Kudo

fabianborg
Occasional Advisor

@Erdogan TemurNOTE: Support for greater than 2TB in a single logical drive, does this mean that I can install 12 enterprise drives of 10TB each

With best regards

Fabian
Erdogan Temur
HPE Pro

yes

Kind Regards,
Erdogan.

Accept or Kudo

fabianborg
Occasional Advisor

@Erdogan Temuras usual thanks a lot, you are really helping me find my way around HP servers as having a Dell background, I was a bit lost at first

With best regards

Fabian
Erdogan Temur
HPE Pro

Hi @fabianborg

You're welcome. ;)

Kind Regards,
Erdogan.

Accept or Kudo