ProLiant Servers (ML,DL,SL)
1776949 Members
1808 Online
109061 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: HPE BCM 5719 1gb 4p BASE-T OCP Adapter Appears in device inventory, is non operational

CountryCourtney

HPE BCM 5719 1gb 4p BASE-T OCP Adapter Appears in device inventory, is non operational

I have two identical  DL360 Gen11 servers and a now almost two week old support case with no resolution.

Here's whats going on:

The BCM 5719 OCP adapter is shown in device inventory with a status of "unknown", but is non operational. It's in OCP Slot 15 as it was pre-assembled prior to shipping. I've found documentation that some OCP cards need a cable (or pair determined by CPU population). The problem is that I have to prove this is our situation before I am allowed to order the cables. Has anyone else run across this? Did anyone have to have the cables before the BCM 5719 OCP adapter will function?

2 REPLIES 2
Suman_1978
HPE Pro

Re: HPE BCM 5719 1gb 4p BASE-T OCP Adapter Appears in device inventory, is non operational

Hi,

Did the support suggest to update the drivers or firmware for BCM5719?
https://support.hpe.com/hpesc/public/docDisplay?docId=a00112244en_us
https://support.hpe.com/hpesc/public/docDisplay?docId=a00133630en_us

Are you referring to OCP adapter bandwidth upgrade cabling?

Thank You!
I work with HPE but opinions expressed here are mine.

I work for HPE.
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]

Accept or Kudo

support_s
System Recommended

Query: HPE BCM 5719 1gb 4p BASE-T OCP Adapter Appears in device inventory, is non operational

Hello,

Let us know if you were able to resolve the issue.

If you have no further query, and you are satisfied with the answer then kindly mark the topic as Solved so that it is helpful for all community members.

Please click on "Thumbs Up/Kudo" icon to give a "Kudo".

Thank you for being a HPE valuable community member.

Accept or Kudo