New Discussion

HPE Proliant DL360 G10 - Server Critical Fault

SOLVED
Go to solution
Papastef
Frequent Visitor

HPE Proliant DL360 G10 - Server Critical Fault

Hello,

One of our HPE Proliant DL360 G10 shutdown unexpectedly and power-on through iLO was not possible, I had to remove power cables, wait for a few seconds, reattach and then I was able to power-on the server.

The only error I have in IML is “Server Critical Fault (Service Information: Runtime Fault, Memory, Processor 2 Memory Channels 1-3 (02h)) - Event Class:0x14, Event Code:0xC”

The server is updated with the latest SPP 2024.04.00.00 released on April 19 2024, the OS is Server 2022 standard with Hyper-v enabled, latest MS updates installed.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.  

5 REPLIES 5
BPSingh
HPE Pro

Re: HPE Proliant DL360 G10 - Server Critical Fault

Greetings!

Now that you've updated the SPP, please keep an eye on the server. If the problem continues, please create a support case and provide the AHS logs so we can pinpoint the root cause.

I am an HPE employee.
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]
Accept or Kudo
Papastef
Frequent Visitor

Hello,

Thank you for your response, I will move some workloads to the server and see how it goes (it only hosts Hyper-V replicas at this point and one running VM). I guess that from the error you are not sure that it's a memory problem, right?

BPSingh
HPE Pro

Greetings!

After reviewing the errors, it seems unlikely that they stem from a memory problem. If iLO is configured, you can assess the health of each server sub-component. Furthermore, consulting the AHS logs would offer further clarity on the server's overall health status.

I am an HPE employee.
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]
Accept or Kudo
Papastef
Frequent Visitor

Hello,

Thank you for your response, iLO is configured and all subsystems are healthy, I also analyzed AHS logs through InfoSight from the day the failure occurred up to date with the same results, everything looks healthy (except the IML entry of the critical fault). I guess I’ll have to wait when and if it happens again.

If there is nothing else to try, I will close the case.

BPSingh
HPE Pro
Solution

Certainly, if the issue happens again, please gather the AHS logs and forward them to the support team. They will be able to diagnose the root cause of the problem and identify any components that may need replacement.

I am an HPE employee.
Accept or Kudo