7901 Online
108806 Solutions
New Discussion

HPE System Management Hardware Monitor - Won't send emal alert

TommyL
Occasional Contributor

HPE System Management Hardware Monitor - Won't send emal alert

Hello all!

I have an issue with HPE System Management v7.5.5.6.  I have it installed on two Proliant DL360p servers (both have Windows Server 2012r2 OS) to monitor the status of the hardware and need it to send out an alert if there is any change in the hardware status.  It seems to be monitoring the hardware, but it is not sending out alerts for any of my test traps.  Here is what I know so far:

1. SNMP is installed on both servers.

2. SNMP Trap Service is running.

3. HP Management Agent Event Notifier is configured to point to a valid Mail Server, has viable recipient addresses and is configured to alert on all events.

4. Did a Port Query on Port 25 to the Mail Server and it resolved okay.

5. Sent Test Indications of all three types (Informational, Warning and Error) and all three generated entries in the OS System Event Log but no log in Integrated Management Log and recieved no alert email.

6. Further tested by enabling and disabling a single NIC and it generated an entry in the OS System Event Log but but no log in Integrated Management Log and recieved no email alert.

Everything seems to be configured as it should be, but no alert emails.

Has anyone seen this before and if so, what actions remediated it?

Thanks.

1 REPLY 1
AnttiP
Occasional Visitor

Re: HPE System Management Hardware Monitor - Won't send emal alert

I've got the same problem! Same setup works fine in Win Srv 2008r2 but for some reason the test mail doesn't work in Win Srv 2012r2.