ProLiant Servers (ML,DL,SL)
1751822 Members
5425 Online
108782 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: HPSUM fails with "node inventory failed" error on ML310Gen8 V2 w/Win 2012 Essentials

SOLVED
Go to solution
Jef311
Visitor

HPSUM fails with "node inventory failed" error on ML310Gen8 V2 w/Win 2012 Essentials

Hi,

HP Service pack for Proliant installation failed with this error "localhost Node inventory failed" on a new ML310e gen8 v2 running Windows 2012 Essentials (ROK so everything is sourced from HP).

I'm using a freshly downloaded ISO image (SPP2014020) from the SPP web site. 

I tried to enter credentials without success.

I haven't yet activated windows until everything is OK...

Any idea?

BTW: this installation was not done using IP, but directly from the DVD since I was not able to change the system partition size (but this is another problem...)

Thanks for help;

Jeff

6 REPLIES 6
Cederberg
Honored Contributor
Solution

Re: HPSUM fails with "node inventory failed" error on ML310Gen8 V2 w/Win 2012 Essentials

Hi.

It's probably the UAC, It's on by default in win2012. Try starting Hpsum (hpsum.bat) as Administrator.

Jef311
Visitor

Hi,

you were right.

I ran hpsum.bat logged as administrator (the real administrator account) and it ran perfectly.

However, this being 2012 essentials, the administrator account was disabled, and I had to re-enable it.

2012 essential setup creates by default  a different account with administrator rights and apparently this prevents hpsum to run normally .

Thanks

Jeff

helpdeskncoi
Occasional Visitor

Strange enhough the domain admin can access the ADMIN$ share but the SUM can't.

Using local admin fixed it :) !

Using a HP DL360 Gen9 / Win2012R2 Datacenter Edtition

spvmanian
Occasional Visitor

Hi,

Run as administratot that will help run the HPsum command successfully in the command prompt mode.

Regards

Venkat [SPVMANIAN]

RivaldoCardoso

I had this same problem. After several frustrating attempts. I simply copied the contents of the DVD to the Local drive and ran it again. Success

Sajeev_Philip

try removing temp sum folder under user profile will fix this issues .