1756777 Members
2606 Online
108852 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: I can`t install windows 2000, Can`t see the SCSI disks

Ayman Altounji
Valued Contributor

I can`t install windows 2000, Can`t see the SCSI disks

I am trying to install Windows 2000 Pro, i have 3 SCSI disks and SCSI Card (Proliant ML330), i use SmartStart and choose Manual Install - Other(operative sistem), but when i re-start my computer to install w2k, this can`t find the SCSI disks. "No se han encontrado iscos.." (Can`t find hard disks)
3 REPLIES 3
Mark Cloutier
Respected Contributor

smartstart is designed to install server OS's ...win2k pro isnt...if you want to install win2k pro do not use smartstart..instead download sp14437.exe and create the diskettes with this softpaq.. then hit f6 during the intitial install of win2k and choose specify..then other..it will prompt you for a diskette..use disk 2 from the series created by the softpaq....it will load scsi drivers..then continue with standard 2000 install
We are here for a good time, not a long time!
Ayman Altounji
Valued Contributor

I followed these steps: after inserting disk 2, this message prompt (in Dutch):
this disk containes no relevant support software. Hit a key to continue.

"De door u geleverde diskette bevat geen relevante ondersteuningsbestanden..."
The required file "txtsetup.oem" is on the diskette.

What now?
Ayman Altounji
Valued Contributor

Problem is solved - the ML330e is IDE not SCSI. To install Windows 2000 Prof. download cp001091.exe and extract it on a diskette.(www.compaq.com/support/files/server/dus/download/10157.html)
Boot from Win2000Pro-CD - F6 - Other - IDE OR SCSI - choose IDE. Insert the diskette and installations follows on the fly!.
Thanks to Mr Etienne from Support Services Belgium 070/222030.
Marc Claus