New Discussion

Re: iLO 5 LDAP add DirectoryGroup with Powershell/Redfish

SOLVED
Go to solution
vegitus
Occasional Collector

iLO 5 LDAP add DirectoryGroup with Powershell/Redfish

Helo Everyone

With iLO5 some new privileges for DirectoryGroups. I know from the this disscusion (https://community.hpe.com/t5/ProLiant-Servers-ML-DL-SL/iLO-5-LDAP-group-permissions-using-PowerShell/td-p/6994601), that the ilo Powershell Modul 2.0 can't add Directory Groups with all permissions. But is there any way, to do that over the Redfish interface? I looked for it on diffrent sites and could't find anything.
This is my first pose so sorry if i did somthing wrong :).

Thanks for your help.

Vegi

5 REPLIES 5
Guru_Verma
HPE Pro
Solution

HPE redfish schema is expanding for managing iLO5 extensively, but for this specific query per my research and insight, we still need to wait for future snaps of Gen10 to script all of them.

Untill then it can be achieved by following manuall p
rocedure:

1. Click Administration in the navigation tree, and then click the Directory Groups tab. 2. Click New. 3. Provide the following details in the Group Information section: • Group DN • Group SID (Kerberos authentication and Active Directory integration only) 4. Select from the following privileges: • Login • Remote Console • Virtual Power and Reset • Virtual Media • Host BIOS • Configure iLO Settings • Administer User Accounts • Host NIC • Host Storage • Recovery Set 5. To save the new directory group, click Add Group.

Refer: https://support.hpe.com/hpsc/doc/public/display?docId=a00026409en_us

I am HPE Employee
The comments in this post are my own and do not represent an official reply from the company.

Accept or Kudo

thomaspunktelf
Advisor

Hi,

is there a solution planned? We set a lot of configurations of iLO boards automatically using the iLO scripting tools, but we cannot use the new and more granular settings from the iLO5 without a working cmdlet for the directory settings.

regards

Tom

GokulKS
HPE Pro

Hi Tom,

I am afraid that you can't do automation through iLO Scripting cmdlets for iLO5 servers.

But its true that ilo cmdlets 2.0.x version is currently does not support all permissions of directory support functionality because of iLO5 not exposing required REST interfaces. The plan is to have these interfaces coming in 1HCY19 and after that we will follow up release from iLO cmdlets to support it.

Thanks,

Gokul

I am a HPE Employee

Accept or Kudo

SeanOBanion-G1
Occasional Advisor

Gokul,

I'm starting to use PowerShell iLO Cmdlets 2.1, and was having a problem implementing directory settings for iLO 5, and found this thread.

At this point, almost 6 months later, do you have an ETA for the iLO 5 support for directory functionality?

Sean

GokulKS
HPE Pro

Hi Sean,

You may expect the tentitive release dates probably around April\May 2019 timeline for HPEiLOCmdlets 2.2.

Thanks,

Gokul

I am a HPE Employee

Accept or Kudo