108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: ILO2

SOLVED
Go to solution
dgizaw
Frequent Advisor

ILO2

I have a problem with ILO2 on D320 G6 server. When I set it up I had no problem to configure it through the console. Now after many days, all of the servers can not ping the ILO IP and can not get connected to my workstation. I changed cables, servers, ports on the switch, but nothing helped. Can anyone help?

Thank you
Do not undermine a chalnge
3 REPLIES 3
Terry Hutchings
Honored Contributor
Solution

How many servers do you have with the iLO2? Is this problem only occurring on this one 320 G6 or is the same thing happening on others? Does the IP respond to a ping? It's possible something may have taken the iLO's IP.

There are certain things that can cause the iLO to become unresponsive. Most of the issues are due to port scanning software on the network and may be able to be resolved by upgrading the firmware on the iLO2. Firmware 2.05 has many fixes for this type of problem. It is also possible there may be issues with malformed packets being sent to the iLO causing it to stop responding over time. I would make sure the firmware is up to date on the iLO to verify if that does not resolve it.
The truth is out there, but I forgot the URL..
stevekat
Advisor

You mention you set it up through through the console - just to verify, this refers to the F8 prompt?

Did you test it after setting it up?

Check through the desktop utility or ROM based F8 utility that the NIC is enabled.

Is there a security switch on this model server? Did you disable security and later enable it? Did you make sure you enabled ILO2 in the desktop utility or ROM based F8 utility before re-enabling the security switch?
dgizaw
Frequent Advisor

Thank you Terry and Steve, The firmware version is 2.01. I will download and upgrade to 2.05. I set it up using HP Smart start locally connected with monitor, keyboard and mouse. all sixteen of them will be deployed in remote area and I have to make sure everything is working. I will also make sure if the ILO NIC is enabled with F8. most of the time when I reboot the system I do not get F8. First F9 and F11 choices show up then the boot choices shows up. how can I bring F8?
Thank you
Do not undermine a chalnge