ProLiant Servers (ML,DL,SL)
1754928 Members
2875 Online
108827 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Installation of Windows 2003 fails on DL320 G2

Blub_1

Installation of Windows 2003 fails on DL320 G2

I am trying to install Windows 2003 Server on a DL320 G2. I have a slipstreamed W2K3 with SP1 and PSP 7.60 (it fits on a CD if you throw out all unneeded drivers and languages - yes, I know what I am doing).
During setup the installation process crashes with the following error:
0x000007B (0xF789AA94, 0xC0000034, 0x00..., 0x00...)
The bluescreen suggests chkdsk /f which is not very helpful. The server ran perfectly fine before (with W2K Server). Any suggestions?
5 REPLIES 5
KarloChacon
Honored Contributor

hi Blub

are you installing windows using smartstart CD?
http://h18023.www1.hp.com/support/files/server/us/download/27210.html

or manually, it's much easier doing it in this way

and also after install that apply PSP 7.9
http://h18023.www1.hp.com/support/files/server/us/download/27534.html

regards
Didn't your momma teach you to say thanks!
James ~ Happy Dude
Honored Contributor

Hello Blub,

I think While u tried to integrate PSP & OS into a CD, by throwing out unwanted Drivers, U also included a Driver which is needed for the OS installation. "CHKDSK /f' further supports this.

Hence, either Use Smartstart & use assisted install; Or try Manual install of OS & then installing PSP.

OR, re-check on which all drivers U skipped while making the integrated CD/DVD.

Regards,
James.
Blazhev_1
Honored Contributor

Hi Blub,

Are trying to install W2k3 Standard Edition? Please note that EE is not supported on the DL320 G2.

Why do you slipstream Windows with Smartstart?
Either you can slipstream Windows with the embedded controller driver(or if you have other controller):

http://h18023.www1.hp.com/support/files/server/us/download/23400.html

or you Start the install from SmartStart and then add the windows CD.

Stop code 0x7B is a driver issue...

Regards,
Pac
Blub_1

Hi all and thanks for your answers.
I am installing directly from a W2K3-CD, it is the Standard Edition, without the smartstart CD. The W2K3-CD has been adapted to fit my needs, i.e. SPs, Hotfixes and various scripts and the like are slipstreamed into it. I am sure though, that I did not throw out needed drivers. The problem is, that the server does not have a DVD-drive - everything would easily fit on a DVD.
I thought it might be an issue with the Megaraid and tried to install to a single drive only, the problem is, I cannot configure the Megaraid not to be in raid-mode.
I will try to work with an external DVD, if this fails, I might as well buy a new server, spending too much time on problems like this is more expensive. :)
Blub_1

The installation with the SmartStart CD fails, since the software simply denies installation of W2K3 (any version).
Installation of a standard DVD-drive is impossible, since one would have to detach the whole frontplane.
Eventually I managed to install the server - I simply used a W2K3 SP1 setup CD, reduced to CD format (removing unnecessary drivers and languages) WITHOUT the PSP slipstreamed into it. This worked absolutely fine. I will now try to install the PSP and see if this leads to any problems. Essentially it seems to be a driver issue with a driver included with the PSP. I had similar problems with a DL140 G2, where the NIC drivers provided by HP where simply the wrong ones.