ProLiant Servers (ML,DL,SL)
1748285 Members
4001 Online
108761 Solutions
New Discussion

Issue with Firmware update for EG1200FDJYT drives-Error " The software will not be installed on ...

sajeesh983

Issue with Firmware update for EG1200FDJYT drives-Error " The software will not be installed on ...

HI All,

I have an issue with my Gen 10 DL 360 server with windows server 2016 installed  ,this server got three HDD of Model  EG1200FDJYT ,the current firmware version is HPD1 and i was trying to update the firmware using cp029255 ( which is the correct version for this model HDD ) and it throws error like "The software will not be updated on this system because the required hardware is not present in the system or the software/firmware doesnot apply to the system" .I am 200% sure that the hardware present in my system and also software is correct .Any idea why it is failing and how to fix this ?

Thanks In advance.

3 REPLIES 3
Jimmy Vance
HPE Pro

Re: Issue with Firmware update for EG1200FDJYT drives-Error " The software will not be installe

What disk controller are you using? According to the information on the release notes and history page for that firmware update some controllers require you to update in offline mode

https://support.hpe.com/hpsc/swd/public/detail?swItemId=MTX_ef4b94d4feb3410a8af6d6e38e&swEnvOid=4231#tab-history

No support by private messages. Please ask the forum! 
sajeesh983

Re: Issue with Firmware update for EG1200FDJYT drives-Error " The software will not be installe

Thank you very much for looking in this issue ,my controller is P408i-a
vijay9
HPE Pro

Hi Sajeesh, 

What is the controller firmware version installed. Could be driver mismatch. 

Please try to update all the driver & firmware with latest SPP version 2019.03 

Is there any expander installed, If yes, please check with updating the firmware for the expander as well. 

If still same issue, please open ticket with HPE our diagnotic team will troubleshoot further. 

Regards, 

Vijay 

I am an HPE employee

Accept or Kudo