New Discussion юеВ

Issue with HPE DL360p G8 Server Boot Screen

SOLVED
Go to solution
ugrysr
Occasional Advisor

Issue with HPE DL360p G8 Server Boot Screen

Hello,

I own an HPE DL360p G8 server, and I'm encountering the following problem: When I power on the server, I only see the HP logo on the screen. However, I don't want this screen to appear. Instead, I would like to see the processor, memory, and ILO information displayed on the screen along with the F8 prompt, as well as the key combinations for RAID configuration

In short, the screen shown in the attached image labeled as number 1 appears, but I would like the screen displayed in image number 2 to appear instead.

I have already updated the IP address to 1.74, but the issue persists. I also performed a BIOS update to the latest version, but it didn't resolve the problem. Unfortunately, I'm unsure which version of the SPP (Service Pack for ProLiant) is required for the update.

Any assistance or guidance on resolving this issue would be greatly appreciated.

1.Picture  Left1.Picture  Left2.Picture Right2.Picture Right

3 REPLIES 3
Croweb
Frequent Advisor
Solution

Re: Issue with HP DL360p G8 Server Boot Screen

Well, you have probably TPM module integrated. That's the default HP boot screen for systems with TPM.

We own our Data Center...and that makes all the difference!
ugrysr
Occasional Advisor

I wanted to thank you for your help in resolving my issue. I removed the TPM module from the motherboard as shown in the photo, and it fixed the problem. I really appreciate your assistance.

Thank you once again for your support.

TPM.jpeg

Croweb
Frequent Advisor

When you have 500+ HPE servers in a Data Center, you need to know what to do and how to do it.

I'm glad if I helped.

BR,

We own our Data Center...and that makes all the difference!