3173 Online
108813 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

MCTP error that leads to NVMe drives failing

DrThrax
Occasional Contributor

MCTP error that leads to NVMe drives failing

Hello
we have 4 DL380 gen 10 servers that use NVMe drives and randomly show an error on IML that says:
"Innovation Engine not responding to MCTP Requests, please AC Cycle the server to recover IE." and then proceed to fail one or 2 of the NVMe drives on the server

and so far I have done the following steps in order to fix the problem but no luck:

1-applied SPP and AC cycle

2-updated IE and ROM firmware to the latest version and ILO 5 reset + update ( IE: 0.2.3.0 and BIOS: 2.72 and ILO: 2.65 )

3-moved the failed drives on other servers but the error still presists and another drive fails randomly

8 REPLIES 8
support_s
System Recommended
DrThrax
Occasional Contributor

Re: Query: MCTP error that leads to NVMe drives failing

hello and thank you for the response

the firmware of the NVMe drives are GPK5 and MPK76H5Q which are not in the page link that you provided.

the second link is not related to the problem but I have tested it and it didnt work.

Regards

Sohrab Khani

Bunsol
HPE Pro

DrThrax,

I have sent a private message to you for this issue. Kindly log a support case for this issue.

If you feel this was helpful please click the KUDOS! Thumbs below!
I am an HPE employee.
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]
Accept or Kudo
EB3
Occasional Visitor

@Bunsol 

Hi,

I have the exact same issue on a HPE DL385 Gen10 plus v2.

NVME SSD's: MZXLR800HBHQ-000H3
Firwmare version: MPK7625Q

All 4 drives are NVMe and have a failed status.

GabbeB
Established Member

Re: MCTP error that leads to NVMe drives failing

I have the same issue, did someone solve this?

EB3
Occasional Visitor

I just opened a case with HPE, waiting for techsupport for a reply. Will keep you posted here once I receive the solution.

GabbeB
Established Member

new ILO firmware was released, i have applied this to a couple of servers and erros is gone so far

https://support.hpe.com/connect/s/softwaredetails?language=en_US&softwareId=MTX_6ae65df0866f4f8eaf067d0a7e&tab=revisionHistory

EB3
Occasional Visitor

Thanks, just did the update.