1753485 Members
4412 Online
108794 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: Memory Test on DL380Gen10

be-ef
Occasional Visitor

Memory Test on DL380Gen10

Part of our server installation procedure is a 72 hour memory test.

This was included until Gen9 of the DL3x0 Servers.

For the new generation Gen10 there seems to be no memory test (according to hp support) and it is still unclear whether there will be on in some day of the future or not.

As we think that this still makes sense I want to ask what other persons of the community do/think.

There are of course a lot of linux images out there that can do memory tests but these seem not always to work properly. In the past the support always recommended to use the test that came with the server.

3 REPLIES 3
BFH_2017
Occasional Advisor

I too found that hardware diagnostics were missing from my new 360 G10 as we do the same thing, let it burn in for a couple of days to make sure nothing fails right out of the box. But the new G10's don't have that option and the one I got is quite a pain to get setup and configure.

Rusheeta
Visitor

Below is the way to enable embedded diagnostics for HP DL360 Gen10 servers.

Log into iLO and set the option to Production in Security > Encryption > Security Settings (changed the value from “High Security” to “Production”)

This enables Embedded diagnostics in

System Utilities [F9]  > Embedded Applications > Embedded Diagnostics

Hope that helps!

sana_community1
Occasional Visitor

Hello,

I would like to know the difference between "regular test" and "extensive test" ?  (on memory test) 

Thank you so much