1747993 Members
4736 Online
108756 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: ML110 G6 Unable to start up; stuck in power cycle loop

KOMUN
Visitor

ML110 G6 Unable to start up; stuck in power cycle loop

I have a client with a ML110 G6 that will not start and is stuck in a power cycle loop. The POST screen does not show  and there is no beeps from the system speaker, the fans just come on for about 5 seconds shut off and then the whole thing starts all over again nothing is shown on a monitor attached to the server. There are is no indication of a fault from the onboard LEDs. Replaced the power supply to no avail.

It does not seem to be a memory issue, I am at a loss here and would appreciate any help that the community is able to offer.

Thanks in advance.

6 REPLIES 6
Trygve Henriksen
Respected Contributor

Anything in the ILO?

Any cards in the server?
If so, unplug all.
Also unplug all drives(both power and signal).
KOMUN
Visitor

Unfortunately no ILO as this is a standalone sever in a very small office.

My initial thought was power supply so did do checks on power supply output voltages, remove all drives and cards even the USB front panel connector and the sensor in the front. With the case open disconnected the rear ventilation fan to see if there was any difference.

I even removed to memory modules to see if this was the problem. With the module removed it did the same power cycle loop but with the warning beeps indicating the was not module present no amber light from LED #7 though.

TVVJ
HPE Pro

Try the server’s guided troubleshooting solution Diagnosis / Troubleshooting > Power on Problems / No Power at the following link:

http://h20584.www2.hp.com/hpgt/guides/select?lang=en&cc=us&prodTypeId=15351&prodSeriesId=3984625&lang=en&cc=us&y=0&x=0

Regards,

Vijayasarathy 

I work for HPE
Views expressed herein are my personal opinion and are not the views of HPE

Accept or Kudo

KOMUN
Visitor

Ok guys my server is off warranty an it seems that there is no more support for me...I will have to replace the unit.

Garfje

Shame you got to this point.  I ahve one behaving EXACTLY the same way.  I repoaced the PSU with a known good one, and also the motherboard.  STill the same symptoms.  There is so little else to try that I'm probably going to dump it also.  Shame.

System fan, CPU fan, CPU itself, maybe DIMMS and that's about it.  There's not much else in these babies.

AmberPowerLed
Occasional Collector

After a half year i push the power button and the ML110 G6 is not running. Black monitor, no video, no POST - only amber power led and fan noice.

I changed motherboard battery. I disconectedd all discs, memory etc.  and I reset CMOS (pin 1 to ON for 3sec) and this machine still won't boot.

Have somebody solution for this problem?