ProLiant Servers (ML,DL,SL)
1767443 Members
4898 Online
108962 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

ML110 Gen11 - Fan noise not solved. HP needs to address this.

jkubis
Occasional Advisor

ML110 Gen11 - Fan noise not solved. HP needs to address this.

Other thread says this issue is solved but it is not. HP and their engineers have tried to fix this but it's not fixed.

6 REPLIES 6
Mr_Techie
Regular Advisor

Re: ML110 Gen11 - Fan noise not solved. HP needs to address this.

@jkubis wrote:

Other thread says this issue is solved but it is not. HP and their engineers have tried to fix this but it's not fixed.

I would say give it a try to the instructions shared in below thread, I hope that helps...

ChoccyIT
Frequent Visitor

I've unboxed a new HPE ML110 Gen11 server today and the fan noise is ridiculous. Nobody in the office can hear themselves think.

All HPE original parts - just the server, a redundant power supply and 4x SATA SSD drives. I've installed Windows Server 2022 on a VROC RAID and the deafening fan noise is constant, even when the server is just idle.

I'm not going to be able to deliver it to a customer like this.

ChoccyIT
Frequent Visitor

UPDATE: I'm hopeful that I've managed to resolve the issue now. I installed:

Gen11 Service Pack for ProLiant (which I think was already installed, but I ran it again just in case)

and:

Patch bundle for Gen11 SPP 2023.10.00.00 (version 2023.10.00.03 2024-02-06)

The fan noise stopped during the installation, before I'd even got to the reboot part of it.

Now whenever I do a reboot, I do still get the loud fan noise (from the rear fan) but it subsides two or three minutes after Windows has loaded and goes down to an acceptable level - almost silent in fact. It has been running for about 24 hours now without the loud noise returning, so hopefully the service pack and patch bundle have fixed the issue.

Sunitha_Mod

Hello @ChoccyIT,

That's excellent! 

We are extremely glad to know you were able to find the solution and we appreciate you for keeping us posted. 

Thanks,
Sunitha G
I'm an HPE employee.
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]
Accept or Kudo
Rihan
Occasional Advisor

@ChoccyIT Can you please share the link. i am still having issues with alot of these servers on bios version 2.16

Please also advise on how I can run the file on the server etc. 

ChoccyIT
Frequent Visitor

I think I got them from here:

https://support.hpe.com/connect/s/product?kmpmoid=1014705725&tab=driversAndSoftware&cep=on&driversAndSoftwareFilter=8000114

You need to sign into your HPE account to download them.