4207 Online
108836 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: ML150 G3 video drivers..

SOLVED
Go to solution
Martin Eichelman

ML150 G3 video drivers..

Currently have the latest Matrox video drivers installed for the ML150 G3 under Windows 2003 Server R2, but the maximum resolution is 1024 x 768 at 16bit color. Just moving the mouse around is choppy and opening/closing windows appear as though I'm using the wrong driver (poor performance, screen refreshes, etc.) This cannot be right. Is this really the maximum capability of the embedded Matrox video?
8 REPLIES 8
Oleg Koroz
Honored Contributor

Oleg Koroz
Honored Contributor
Kbook
Occasional Advisor
Solution

I had the same situation. But, I think I saw somewhere that the video ram is only 2MB so I think it is the maximum resolution that It can get. I couldn't go beyond 1024 x 768. Actually, I use 1280*1024 a lot. So It bugs me a bit about the small amount of RAM. Ok, It is a server anyway so no one would use it for graphic intensive.
Martin Eichelman

Limiting the graphics to 1024x768 with less than 32bit color is a terrible assumption on the part of HP. If the intention is to use the server for Terminal Services, HP is forcing users to purchase a graphics card just for the server now.

Between this and the required drive trays, I'm beginning to consider sticking with the ML150 G2 over G3 in terms of specs.
Martin Eichelman

As to the suggestions from Oleg, I was running that version of the drivers with my original message. And I'm not using the /3GB switch in the boot.ini.

Thank you, though.
Darren Street

I am having the same problems but Windows Server 2003 R2 is intermittently crashing the console session.

Also if you are operating through a switch KVM the mouse is useless.
Martin Eichelman

FYI, I've since purchased a PCI graphics card. Performance is much better, and I've experienced no issues since disabling the onboard graphics.

I'm considering sticking with the G2 for future purchases. This G3 has had nothing but issues.
Kbook
Occasional Advisor

Really, I haven't known that they would use such a strategy (purchasing) a graphic card. What type of graphic card would be? PCI or PCI-Express x 1 <<-- I am not sure if there is a VGA in the PCI-E X1 or not.
I am thinking about using the old Matrox Millenium PCI instead because I have a hang issue with the windows server 2003 and the HP support insisted me calling the Microsoft instead.