ProLiant Servers (ML,DL,SL)
1754366 Members
5097 Online
108813 Solutions
New Discussion

ML350 G5 won't boot, red internal health LED, undocumented system board LEDs flashing

SOLVED
Go to solution
Uzzi
Visitor

Re: ML350 G5 won't boot, red internal health LED, undocumented system board LEDs flashing

Same problem me too

2 red blinkink fron led and 1 on motherboard

MotherBoard LED: https://ibb.co/fHbhZwt

DL350 G5 doesn't boot

ESTS-Solutions
Visitor

Re: ML350 G5 won't boot, red internal health LED, undocumented system board LEDs flashing

Hello -

I am a newbie in this area and would appreciate any input to assist with my Server ML350 G5. It is critical that this server is back operational ASAP. I've tried all the mentioned steps however I am still not able to boot the server. In my case the PPM2 led is amber which indicates that an error has occurred.  I have 2 CPU's and tried removing CPU2 and the PPM2 since I read that the PPM2 is not needed if you are using only 1 CPU. Unfortunately this was not successful either. (Please see picture here https://1drv.ms/u/s!AnsPgoAyuKnji1ilVqRLFCSteahm) Anyone can enlighten me on this?

Really appreciate it.

Regards

ESTS Solutions

ESTS-Solutions
Visitor

In my case the server reacted in less than a minute, however you need to remove the following items first. the battery (right bottom on the motherboard) and also the bios battery. Remove all the RAM chips and place one back. Once you do all of that plug the battery, bios battery and the power supplies back. The server should start without you having to press the power button. (Note that the jumper #6 Left buttom needs to be ON) Hope this helps. 

Greetings!

ESTS Solutions

Jetro97
Occasional Visitor

Hi everybody!

I'm having the same issue:

- Srv won't boot: it starts with full speed fans for some seconds then it shut down and reboot.

- When it shut down the "OVER TEMP" led lights up.

I've already tried to remove all hardware except CPU, 1 RAM bank and psu cables; resetted nVRAM, removed CMOS battery and tried to switch on by iLO (front panel is not working) but the same thing occours.

The only thing i'm thinking about is a CPU thermal sensor error, but it doesn't explain why the front panel isn't working.

No event is stored on IML.

EDIT: Just found out the problem:

After the cleaning the front panel cable was inverted. I've tried booting the servere without this cable but it doesn't work.

So, pay attention because the server won't start if the front panel isn't properly linked, showing out "OVER-TEMP" error which is not helpful!

Chid_Burtawoski
Occasional Visitor

ML350 won't boot, no display, external health LED amber, in system board one red LED.

I have HP Proliant ML350 G5 server which can't  boot, no display, and external health status LED blinking amber, internally documented and undocumented LEDs blinking green except for the one LED between com port and VGA port in the board with the name CR59. this server doesn't have PPM, second processor. I can't figure out its problem please help me out guys.

Sunitha_Mod

Re: ML350 won't boot, no display, external health LED amber, in system board one red LED.

Hello @Chid_Burtawoski,

Thank you for posting! 

You might want to consider creating a new topic by utilizing the "New Discussion" button, as this will not only enhance visibility compared to the old topic but also boost your chances of receiving responses from experts.

Thanks,
Sunitha G
I'm an HPE employee.
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]
Accept or Kudo