ProLiant Servers (ML,DL,SL)
1748136 Members
3422 Online
108758 Solutions
New Discussion

ML350e Gen8 v2 - Server won't boot , red internal led flashing - could't find meaning in docs

JGV

ML350e Gen8 v2 - Server won't boot , red internal led flashing - could't find meaning in docs

Hi eveybody and thanks for the time you may spend reading my problem! Here I go:

Proliant ML350e Gen8 v2, with Windows Server2016, just changed it's phisical location and it doess't boot - can't even enter in BIOS - no POST screen shown.

Everything seems normal, except an internal red light blinking and no signal on screen. All front indicator are fine. I attach a picture showing red led location on motherboard. 

RED LED ON MOTHERBOARD PROLIONT ML350e 8GEN v2

Thanks in advance!

1 REPLY 1
Martinnn
HPE Pro

Re: ML350e Gen8 v2 - Server won't boot , red internal led flashing - could't find meaning in docs

Hi, Good Day,

I would recommend the following plan of action if there is at least fan activity:
1. Power on the server within a minimal configuration (no parts replaced yet) and allow the server to complete POST. Please confirm the minimal configuration is only consisting of:
- System board
- 1x CPU (test both the CPUs in slot 1)
- 1x DIMM installed in slot 1A dedicated to CPU1 (please reseat the DIMM and test another memory module as well))
- 1x PSU
- No network cards installed, No PCI cards, no riser boards, without the Smart Array controller, No HDD backplanes, power cables and hard drives attached to the system board, etc.
2. If the POST is successfully completed – start adding the removed components one by one - else continue with the next step.
3. Perform “NVRAM clear”.
When the system maintenance switch position 6 is set to the On position, the system is prepared to erase all system configuration settings from both CMOS and NVRAM.
CAUTION: Clearing CMOS and/or NVRAM deletes configuration information. Be sure to properly configure the server or data loss could occur!
4. If the issue persist remove the CMOS battery.
5. Perform a short circuit on the terminals of the already removed CMOS battery for at least 60 seconds.
6. Put the CMOS battery back.
7. Once the above steps are performed and if the issue persist - collect AHS report and open a support case.

Accept or Kudo