108837 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

model number to part number

SOLVED
Go to solution
malvin drakley
Esteemed Contributor

model number to part number

Can anyone help with a table that will convert a processor type to a model no. e.g.
a DL380 G1 = 157829-001
I have been searching for some time through the HP pages and google to no avail
thanks in advance
malvin
Not me Chief, I'm Radar
3 REPLIES 3
Doug de Werd
HPE Pro
Solution

Re: model number to part number

I don't know of a table, but if you are starting with the model #, like DL380 G1, then you can get the info from the "QuickSpecs".

For current products, go to the ProLiant Home page at http://h18004.www1.hp.com/products/servers/platforms/ and select the product, then the QucikSpecs (sometimes just referenced as "Specifications" or "Technical Specifications". For older products, go to the same ProLiant Home page, and click on "Retired Products" on the left, and then select the model and again go to the QuickSpecs.

Part of the problem you may encounter is that there is not necessarily just one part number for a given model. The QuickSpecs will usually list several different configurations, each with a different part #. The reason for this is that there is a different part # every time you change the clock speed or have processors with different sizes of CPU cache, as well as for International models. So you may end up with 5 or more different part #'s for a single server - for example, the DL380 G1 has one primary part # (the first 6 digits), but it has 9 different configurations for different countries (the last 3 digits).

Hope this helps.

Thanks,
Doug
I am an HPE employee
Accept or Kudo
Helen French
Honored Contributor

You may check here with your model number to get your part number:

http://partsurfer.hp.com
Life is a promise, fulfill it!
malvin drakley
Esteemed Contributor

Hi Doug and Shiju, thanks for the quick response, that is exactly what I am looking for, although part surfer doesn't give model numbers. I have been able to find the information I was looking for straight away
thanks again
malvin
Not me Chief, I'm Radar