ProLiant Servers (ML,DL,SL)
1752383 Members
5787 Online
108788 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Network Teaming Software

Heero24

Network Teaming Software

hi guys, im new here.. ummm, i need help. i cant install HP Network Teaming, i have 1 Unit PC. its like a server type just for testing and i have 2 network cards installed its brand is 3com. i want to use it for network teaming, it wont install the driver that i download. its says that the required hardware or firmware is not present or available, something like that. what should i do? i just need it to run and i cant test. can anybody help me with the problem please?
4 REPLIES 4
Rob Buxton
Honored Contributor

Well if it's not an HP Server you're not going to be able to use the HP Teaming software.

You might want to try getting hold of a second hand / refurbished HP Server for this kind of testing.
Pieter 't Hart
Honored Contributor

From this document : HP ProLiant Network Adapter Teaming White Paper.
http://bizsupport.austin.hp.com/bc/docs/support/SupportManual/c01415139/c01415139.pdf

HP ProLiant Network Adapter Teaming
supports teaming ports together from HP ProLiant Network Adapters with Intel or Broadcom ASICs, whether the ports are
embedded ports (LAN on Motherboard ├в LOM) or ports from standup network adapters.

So you need to acquire and install two other NIC's.
Chris Rosan2
Frequent Advisor

I'm using the teaming software in a "non-hp" server, but i have to HP NIC's installed.

If you want to use it you'll have to use HP NIC's in it. It doesn't work with non-HP NIC's even if it's a HP server.
rick jones
Honored Contributor

PCI cards (PCI, PCI-X, PCIe) all have two sets of "IDs" on them - there are primary vendor and product IDs, and then "sub-vendor" and "sub-product" IDs. IIRC "all" NICs sold under an HP product number will have an HP-specific sub-vendor ID and sub-product ID for which HP-supplied software may check.
there is no rest for the wicked yet the virtuous have no pillows