New Discussion юеВ

Re: Nvidia L40 Display Mode - DL380 Gen11

SOLVED
Go to solution
jamesrs
Visitor

Nvidia L40 Display Mode - DL380 Gen11

Hi all,

We've just taken receipt of our new DL380 Gen11, which we specified with an Nvidia L40 GPU. The L40 GPU's default display mode is Display Off (i.e. compute only, no output from the 4 DisplayPort ports), and we're looking to use the DL380 (initially) as a workstation, so need to change the L40 display mode to Display On via the Nvidia displaymodeselector software.

Nvidia warns (on the displaymodeselector webpage) to check with the system OEM before using the software, as changing modes can cause irreversible damage to the GPU.

Can someone from HPE please confirm that I am safe to use displaymodeselector to change the L40 display mode from Display Off to Display On?

Thanks!

2 REPLIES 2
jamesrs
Visitor
Solution

I've just heard back from my HPE contact and he has confirmed that the L40 in the DL380 Gen11 is indeed able to use the Nvidia displaymodeselector software to change display mode.

Hopefully this clarifies the issue for other uses in the future.

Sunitha_Mod

Hello @jamesrs,

That's Awesome! 

We are extremely glad to know your concern has been addressed and we appreciate you for keeping us posted. 

Thanks,
Sunitha G
I'm an HPE employee.
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]
Accept or Kudo