ProLiant Servers (ML,DL,SL)
1752598 Members
5787 Online
108788 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Partiioning disk after RAID 1 setup using smartarray e208ip smartArray controller

SOLVED
Go to solution
Mouhamad
Occasional Contributor

Partiioning disk after RAID 1 setup using smartarray e208ip smartArray controller

Hi All,

I have 4 disks, 2 of 900Go in RAID1 , 2 of 4To in RAID 1 also.

What i want is to partition the 900Go and have one partition of 120Go for OS install and the 780 for datas.

The issue is that i could make the RAID 1 setup and installed the system (windows server 2019). After install i can not shrink the 900Go to what i want it just allow to shrink to the half disk space.

Can someone help with this ?

3 REPLIES 3
SanjeevGoyal
HPE Pro

Re: Partiioning disk after RAID 1 setup using smartarray e208ip smartArray controller

Hello,

Good Day !!!!

Could you explain your server issue again for more clarification?

As per shared information.

If you created raid 1 with 900 GB hard disk, you will get only 900 GB space.

While Windows 2019 installation you can choose how much space you required for OS installation after that you can use rest of the space from the OS----> Diskmangment.

I hope I am able to provide the solution of your query.

Feel free to contact us for further queries

If you feel this was helpful please click the KUDOS! thumb below!   

Regards,

I am a HPE Employee.
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]

Accept or Kudo

Mouhamad
Occasional Contributor

Hello,

Thanks for your reply.

I have installed windows server 2019 on the 900Go RAID 1 disk.

The two issues i have now are : 

-  i can not partition the 900Go disk to 120Go for OS/ 780Go for Data, in the Disk management console, it only allow me to partition to half/half

- i have also 2 4 To disk in RAID 1 , which my windows does not see 

My questions are did i install it correctly ? Or is there another way to install windows server 2019 and have the partitions i want ?

Best regards

Mouhamad
Occasional Contributor
Solution

Hello All,

I finally found my solution.

I had to go to "System Utilities" to setup first all arrays, ther i did a partionning of the 900Go into 120Go/780Go for the Array A. For the Array B i just choose all the disk space (4To) .

After a reboot i wen to "Intelligent Provisionning" to setup the express install which gives me the option to select the usb drive where windows server 2019 installation files were.

Ten just follow all the steps thru.

Thanks all

Regards